Distribution of Chinese exports in 2013, by trade partner
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Share of total exports|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The statistic shows the export partners for China in 2013, sorted by their respective export share. That year, the United States had imported approximately 16.7 percent of the Chinese export volume.
Distribution of Chinese exports – additional information
In 2013, China exported goods with a total value of more than 2.2 trillion U.S. dollars and imported goods with a value of 1.95 trillion U.S. dollars, making it the leading export and import country worldwide. In 2014, China was ranked second among the countries with the largest gross domestic product, closely following the United States.
China’s economic prosperity is closely related to its status as the world’s factory. Since 2002, exports contributed more than 20 percent to China’s gross domestic product. With a trade surplusof about 155 billion U.S. dollars, China ranked fourth among countries with the highest trade surplus in 2011. China displays high growth potential for service exports such as tourism, transportation, banking and financial services, as well as insurance and education services. However, the main focus of China’s exports remains on merchandise. In 2012, merchandise exports made up 11.13 percent of global exports, while Chinese service exports contributed only 4.38 percent.
China’s primary exports include electrical and other machinery, apparel and textiles. Vehicles are among the fastest-growing Chinese exports. The export value of vehicles increased from approximately 5.2 billion U.S. dollars in 2009 to 12.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. Meanwhile, China mainly imported machinery, oil, mineral fuels, metal ores and motor vehicles from the European Union, the United States, Japan and South Korea.
- Leading export countries worldwide 2013Leading export countries worldwide 2013
- Top cotton exporting countries 2013Top cotton exporting countries 2013
- Top five cigarette-exporting countries 2010Top five cigarette-exporting countries 2010
- Fish and fisheries products - top 10 exporting countries 2012Fish and fisheries products - top 10 exporting countries 2012
- Major exporting countries of wheat, flour and products 2013-2014Major exporting countries of wheat, flour and products 2013-2014
- Consumer confidence in China August 2014Consumer confidence in China August 2014
- Trade revenue of clothing in China by month August 2014Trade revenue of clothing in China by month August 2014
- China: trade revenue of cosmetics by month August 2014China: trade revenue of cosmetics by month August 2014
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012
- Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013
- Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012