Distribution of Chinese exports in 2013, by trade partner
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Share of total exports|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The statistic shows the export partners for China in 2013, sorted by their respective export share. That year, the United States had imported approximately 16.7 percent of the Chinese export volume.
Distribution of Chinese exports – additional information
In 2013, China exported goods with a total value of more than 2.2 trillion U.S. dollars and imported goods with a value of 1.95 trillion U.S. dollars, making it the leading export and import country worldwide. In 2014, China was ranked second among the countries with the largest gross domestic product, closely following the United States.
China’s economic prosperity is closely related to its status as the world’s factory. Since 2002, exports contributed more than 20 percent to China’s gross domestic product. With a trade surplusof about 155 billion U.S. dollars, China ranked fourth among countries with the highest trade surplus in 2011. China displays high growth potential for service exports such as tourism, transportation, banking and financial services, as well as insurance and education services. However, the main focus of China’s exports remains on merchandise. In 2012, merchandise exports made up 11.13 percent of global exports, while Chinese service exports contributed only 4.38 percent.
China’s primary exports include electrical and other machinery, apparel and textiles. Vehicles are among the fastest-growing Chinese exports. The export value of vehicles increased from approximately 5.2 billion U.S. dollars in 2009 to 12.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. Meanwhile, China mainly imported machinery, oil, mineral fuels, metal ores and motor vehicles from the European Union, the United States, Japan and South Korea.
- Leading export countries worldwide 2013Leading export countries worldwide 2013
Top 20 export countries worldwide in 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Top cotton exporting countries 2013+Top cotton exporting countries 2013
Leading cotton exporting countries in 2013 (in 1,000 bales)*
- Distribution of corn-exporting countries in 2013+Distribution of corn-exporting countries in 2013
Distribution of global corn exports in 2013, by country*
- Top exporting countries of iron ore in metric tons 2013+Top exporting countries of iron ore in metric tons 2013
Top iron ore exporting countries in 2013 (in million metric tons)
- Fish and fisheries products - top 10 exporting countries 2012Fish and fisheries products - top 10 exporting countries 2012
Top 10 exporting countries of fish and fishery products in 2012 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Weekly UK household expenditure on beer 2006-2013Weekly UK household expenditure on beer 2006-2013
- Weekly UK household consumption of lagers and continental beers 2006-2013Weekly UK household consumption of lagers and continental beers 2006-2013
- Volume of monthly car imports to China October 2014Volume of monthly car imports to China October 2014
- Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2013Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2013
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013