Distribution of Chinese exports in 2013, by trade partner
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Share of total exports|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The statistic shows the export partners for China in 2013, sorted by their respective export share. That year, the United States had imported approximately 16.7 percent of the Chinese export volume.
Distribution of Chinese exports – additional information
In 2013, China exported goods with a total value of more than 2.2 trillion U.S. dollars and imported goods with a value of 1.95 trillion U.S. dollars, making it the leading export and import country worldwide. In 2014, China was ranked second among the countries with the largest gross domestic product, closely following the United States.
China’s economic prosperity is closely related to its status as the world’s factory. Since 2002, exports contributed more than 20 percent to China’s gross domestic product. With a trade surplusof about 155 billion U.S. dollars, China ranked fourth among countries with the highest trade surplus in 2011. China displays high growth potential for service exports such as tourism, transportation, banking and financial services, as well as insurance and education services. However, the main focus of China’s exports remains on merchandise. In 2012, merchandise exports made up 11.13 percent of global exports, while Chinese service exports contributed only 4.38 percent.
China’s primary exports include electrical and other machinery, apparel and textiles. Vehicles are among the fastest-growing Chinese exports. The export value of vehicles increased from approximately 5.2 billion U.S. dollars in 2009 to 12.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. Meanwhile, China mainly imported machinery, oil, mineral fuels, metal ores and motor vehicles from the European Union, the United States, Japan and South Korea.
- Leading export countries worldwide 2012Leading export countries worldwide 2012
- Top cotton exporting countries 2011Top cotton exporting countries 2011
- Top five cigarette-exporting countries 2010Top five cigarette-exporting countries 2010
- Fish and fisheries products - top 10 exporting countries 2010Fish and fisheries products - top 10 exporting countries 2010
- Principle rice exporting countries worldwide 2011Principle rice exporting countries worldwide 2011
- Trade revenue of clothing in China by month June 2014Trade revenue of clothing in China by month June 2014
- China: trade revenue of cosmetics by month June 2014China: trade revenue of cosmetics by month June 2014
- China: trade revenue of jewelry by month June 2013China: trade revenue of jewelry by month June 2013
- Export in China - Statista Dossier 2013Export in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- U.S. export - Statista Dossier 2013U.S. export - Statista Dossier 2013
- Automobile import and export in China - Statista Dossier 2014Automobile import and export in China - Statista Dossier 2014
- Import in China - Statista Dossier 2013Import in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- Trade in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013Trade in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013
- Wine market in the UK - Statista Dossier 2014Wine market in the UK - Statista Dossier 2014
- Supermarket brands of fizzy drinks in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013,by number of usersSupermarket brands of fizzy drinks in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013,by number of users
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013