The Simpsons is the Most Beloved TV Show on the Internet
Values in each category are indexed to 25. 25 represents the highest value in each category: i.e. the show with the most Facebook fans gets 25 points in that category. A show with half as many fans gets 12.5 points. The points of each category are added up to reach a final score. The maximum obtainable score is 100. But that score would only have been possible if one show had won in all 4 categories.
- Medical Technology IndustrySouth Americans Are Most Likely to Have Plastic Surgery
This chart shows plastic surgery procedures per 1,000 people in 2013
- Television IndustryHow TV Watching Has Evolved Over The Past 8 Years
Based on the example of Showtime TV series Dexter and Homeland, this chart nicely illustrates how TV watching habits have evolved over the past few years.
- Soccer60% of Americans Have No Interest In Soccer
This chart shows the level of interest in soccer in selected countries in 2014
- MicrosoftEnd Of Support Changes Little About Windows XP's Popularity
This chart shows the market share of the most popular desktop operating systems as of May 2014.
- Social NetworksU.S. Teens Prefer Instagram Over Twitter And Facebook
This chart shows that Instagram has leapfrogged Facebook and Twitter as the most important social network for teens in the United States.
- Leading U.S. media companies in 2014, by market value (in billion U.S. dollars)
Leading U.S. media companies 2014, by market value
- Revenue of the TV industry in the United States in 2012 and 2017, by source
Revenue of the TV industry in the U.S. 2012 and 2017, by source
- How much can you believe in each?
Credibility of major news organizations in the U.S. 2012
- Supermarket brands of fizzy drinks in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013,by number of usersSupermarket brands of fizzy drinks in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013,by number of users
- Cost of a 30-second TV spot during select TV shows in the U.S. in 2013Cost of a 30-second TV spot during select TV shows in the U.S. in 2013
- Most popular British TV shows in the United StatesMost popular British TV shows in the United States
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter