The United States Ranks 13th in Smartphone Penetration
3 in 4 people in the United Arab Emirates own a smartphone. The UAE tops the list of countries with the highest smartphone penetration ahead of South Korea and Saudi Arabia. The United States is ranked 13th with a penetration rate of 56 percent.
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from June 2008 to October 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of October 2014
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000
- Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000
- South Korea vs world average: mobile device ownership 2013, by screen sizeSouth Korea vs world average: mobile device ownership 2013, by screen size
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens