Why Facebook Remains the No.1 Social Platform for Brand Building
When Twitter's S1 filing came to light last week, one thing became perfectly clear: Twitter is no Facebook. The microblogging platform trails Facebook in every key metric and will likely never reach the same level of adoption that Facebook has reached over the past decade.
Its almost universal adoption is also the most obvious reason why Facebook remains the must-have platform for marketers. While many brands have more than 10 million fans/followers on Facebook (and some significantly more), only few brands reach multi-million audiences on Twitter and Google+.
- FacebookInteractions Boost The Effect Of Paying For Facebook Reach
This chart illustrates how interactions with branded content on Facebook correlate with reach.
- FacebookTop Brands See Facebook Engagement Plummeting
This chart shows the average number of interactions per Facebook post for the most engaging global brands on the social network.
- Social NetworksHow Marketers Use Social Media
This chart shows which social platforms are used by marketers. It also shows how the use of social networks in marketing differs depending on whether it’s targeted to businesses or consumers.
- FacebookPhotos Make Up 75% of Brand Facebook Posts
This chart shows the type of content posted by Facebook brand pages worldwide
- Mobile MarketingGoogle and Facebook Dominate Booming Mobile Ad Market
This chart shows global mobile advertising revenues from 2012 to 2014.
- Amount of time spent by marketers on social media marketing per week in 2011 and 2013
Amount of time spent on social media marketing per week in 2011 and 2013
- Share of U.S. consumers learning about brands via social networks as of November 2012
Share of U.S. consumers learning about brands via social networks as of Nov. 2012
- Social media marketing expenditure in the United States from 2011 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Social media marketing expenditure in the United States 2012
- Salaries in the digital marketing sector in the U.S. 2014Salaries in the digital marketing sector in the U.S. 2014
- Level of experience in new digital marketing tactics worldwide in 2012Level of experience in new digital marketing tactics worldwide in 2012
- Share of marketing budgets spend on digital marketing worldwide 2011-2013Share of marketing budgets spend on digital marketing worldwide 2011-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter