The Big Bang Theory is the Priciest Primetime Show for Advertisers
The staggering success of CBS' The Big Bang Theory is reflected in the price that advertisers have to pay for a 30-second slot during the shows broadcast on Thursday nights.
- Television IndustryHow TV Watching Has Evolved Over The Past 8 Years
Based on the example of Showtime TV series Dexter and Homeland, this chart nicely illustrates how TV watching habits have evolved over the past few years.
- Internet usage worldwideThe U.S. Comes 7th for High Speed Internet Penetration
This chart shows the top 10 countries with the highest penetration of 10+ Mbps Internet connections.
- TwitterThese TV Series Had the Biggest Reach on Twitter Last Season
This chart shows the TV series with the biggest average reach on Twitter in the past TV season. On average, more than 6 million Twitter users viewed at least one tweet related to Breaking Bad whenever a new episode aired in the past 6 months.
- Pay TVMergers Shake Up U.S. Pay-TV Market
This chart ranks the largest multichannel providers in the United States based on the number of video subscribers in Q1 2014.
- TelevisionMany Channels, Few Watched
This chart shows the number of channels viewed by the average U.S. household.
- Revenue of the TV industry in the United States in 2012 and 2017, by source
Revenue of the TV industry in the U.S. 2012 and 2017, by source
- How much can you believe in each?
Credibility of major news organizations in the U.S. 2012
- Leading U.S. media companies in 2012, by market value (in billion U.S. dollars)
Leading U.S. media companies in 2012, by market value
- Global advertising costs of The Clorox Company 2011-2013Global advertising costs of The Clorox Company 2011-2013
- Leading local TV companies in the U.S. 2011, by number of local TV stationsLeading local TV companies in the U.S. 2011, by number of local TV stations
- Advertising costs of Target in North America 2010-2013Advertising costs of Target in North America 2010-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter