30 Years of Macintosh
When Steve Jobs presented the first Macintosh in January 1984, it was received as an almost revolutionary novelty in personal computing. He and Steve Wozniak introduced the first computer with a graphical user interface and a mouse to a mass market.
Since then the Mac has evolved not only in design and size, but also in CPU power, as can be seen in the graphic below. Especially with the introduction of the new iMac G3 in 2006, the power of the central processing unit has more than tripled in comparison with the former model.
Today, in combination with the sales of Apple’s other products like the Iphone and Ipad, the Cupertino-based company is earning billions of Dollars and has come a long way from selling a self-assembled personal computer from their garage.
- iPadApple's iPad Business Continues to Slump
This chart shows Apple's quarterly iPad and iPhone sales since the iPad's release in 2010.
- App StoresMonthly Mobile App Usage in the U.S.
This chart shows mobile app usage by Android and iPhone users in the United States by age.
- SmartphonesApple Beats Competitors In Smartphone Brand Loyalty
This chart shows the brand retention rate for selected smartphone vendors.
- Smartphone market in ChinaApple Fails to Gain Traction in China's Smartphone Market
This chart breaks down smartphone sales in four major markets between March and May 2014, by operating system.
- Music IndustryStreaming Boom Stifles Music Downloads
This chart illustrates how streaming continues to grow, while things go downhill for basically every other way music distribution (except for good old vinyl).
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue 2007-2014
- Apple's global revenue from 1st quarter 2005 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Apple: quarterly revenue 2005-2014
- Apple's revenue from Macintosh computers worldwide 2006-2014Apple's revenue from Macintosh computers worldwide 2006-2014
- Apple: Mac sales worldwide 2002-2013Apple: Mac sales worldwide 2002-2013
- Global Apple Mac sales 2006-2014, by quarterGlobal Apple Mac sales 2006-2014, by quarter
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter