Americans Spend 11 Hours A Day With Electronic Media
It's no secret that people spend a lot of time with electronic gadgets these days. How much time that actually is, is astonishing nonetheless: according to Nielsen's most recent Cross-Platform Report, Americans aged 18 and older spend almost 11 hours per day watching TV, listening to the radio or using smartphones and other electronic devices. Considering that most people are awake 16 to 18 hours a day, 11 hours of electronic media seems like a lot, but it needs to be noted that some of that media consumption happens simultaneously. Good thing we were given the ability to multitask, otherwise we wouldn't get a whole lot done.
- Number of TV households in the United States from season 2000-2001 to season 2014-2015 (in millions)
Number of TV households in the U.S. 2000-2014
- Weekly radio reach in the United States from 2009 to 2013 (in millions)
Weekly radio reach in the U.S. from 2009 to 2013
- Cities with the highest and lowest daily newspaper readership in the United States in 2012
Cities with the highest and lowest daily newspaper readership in the U.S. in 2012
- Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014
- Brazil: duration of weekly internet usage 2013, by ageBrazil: duration of weekly internet usage 2013, by age
- Brazil: duration of weekly internet usage 2013, by genderBrazil: duration of weekly internet usage 2013, by gender
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter