Americans Use Electronic Media 11+ Hours A Day
It's no secret that people spend a lot of time with electronic gadgets these days. How much time that actually is, is astonishing nonetheless: according to Nielsen's Total Audience Report, Americans aged 18 and older spend more than 11 hours a day watching TV, listening to the radio or using smartphones and other electronic devices.
Considering that most people are awake 16 to 18 hours a day, 11 hours of electronic media usage seems like a lot, but, to be fair, much of that probably happens while doing other things at the same time. It's a good thing people were given the ability to multitask; otherwise we wouldn't get a whole lot done these days.
- Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2015Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2015
- Mobile internet usage in Germany 2014, by age group and device typeMobile internet usage in Germany 2014, by age group and device type
- China: mobile phone subscribers by month March 2016China: mobile phone subscribers by month March 2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Daily use of social media in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2015Daily use of social media in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2015
- Global digital music revenue 2005-2015Global digital music revenue 2005-2015
- Global social network penetration 2014-2019Global social network penetration 2014-2019
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens