Americans Use Electronic Media 11+ Hours A Day
It's no secret that people spend a lot of time with electronic gadgets these days. How much time that actually is, is astonishing nonetheless: according to Nielsen's Total Audience Report, Americans aged 18 and older spend more than 11 hours a day watching TV, listening to the radio or using smartphones and other electronic devices.
Considering that most people are awake 16 to 18 hours a day, 11 hours of electronic media usage seems like a lot, but, to be fair, much of that probably happens while doing other things at the same time. It's a good thing people were given the ability to multitask; otherwise we wouldn't get a whole lot done these days.
- Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014
- Media use in Arab States 2012Media use in Arab States 2012
- No. of days per week with TV usage in the U.S. Q1 2015, by ageNo. of days per week with TV usage in the U.S. Q1 2015, by age
- Smartphone sales value in the United States 2005-2017Smartphone sales value in the United States 2005-2017
- Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl