People Still Prefer Watching Free Videos Online
Even though paid streaming video services are booming, they're still playing second fiddle to free platforms like YouTube. According to nScreenMedia, people spent an impressive 48 percent of their time watching online video on YouTube in March 2014. Netflix accounted for 22 percent of people's time while Hulu came in with just 8 percent.
- Online VideoKey Facts on Vine Usage
This chart shows key facts on Twitter's video sharing service Vine, on its users and why marketers shouldn't ignore it.
- Internet usage worldwideOnline Video Boom Leads to Surge in Data Traffic
This chart illustrates the increase in consumer IP traffic from 2013 to 2018.
- Social NetworksSocial Networks Take Up The Most Online Time in the U.S.
This chart shows the average minutes per day spent with online activities in the U.S. in 2013.
- StreamingCord-Cutters Are Putting A Strain On Broadband Networks
This chart compares the monthly data consumption of potential cord-cutters with that of average broadband subscribers in the United States.
- Number of unique video viewers to U.S. online video properties in April 2014 (in millions)
U.S. video properties ranked by unique video viewers in April 2014
- Most popular YouTube partner channels in the United States in March 2014, ranked by user engagement (in minutes)
Average amount of time spent on YouTube partner channels in March 2014
- Fastest viral videos as of April 2013, based on the time needed to reach 100 million views (in days)
Fastest viral videos based on days needed to reach 100 million views
- Online video: most popular categories in the United States 2013Online video: most popular categories in the United States 2013
- Time spent viewing online video in China in 2012 and 2013Time spent viewing online video in China in 2012 and 2013
- Leading online video websites in the United Kingdom (UK) February 2014, by visitorsLeading online video websites in the United Kingdom (UK) February 2014, by visitors
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter