People Still Prefer Watching Free Videos Online
Even though paid streaming video services are booming, they're still playing second fiddle to free platforms like YouTube. According to nScreenMedia, people spent an impressive 48 percent of their time watching online video on YouTube in March 2014. Netflix accounted for 22 percent of people's time while Hulu came in with just 8 percent.
- Most popular online video properties in the United States as of May 2015, ranked by unique viewers (in millions)
Leading U.S. video properties 2015, by unique viewers
- Global consumer internet video traffic via fixed-line connections from 2014 to 2019 (in petabytes per month)
Consumer internet video traffic via fixed-line connections 2014-2019
- Number of digital video viewers in the United States from 2012 to 2018 (in millions)
Digital video viewers in the United States 2012-2018
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of June 20, 2015China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of June 20, 2015
- Daily online video usage time in Germany 2014Daily online video usage time in Germany 2014
- Online video: most popular categories in the United States 2013Online video: most popular categories in the United States 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens