People Still Prefer Watching Free Videos Online
Even though paid streaming video services are booming, they're still playing second fiddle to free platforms like YouTube. According to nScreenMedia, people spent an impressive 48 percent of their time watching online video on YouTube in March 2014. Netflix accounted for 22 percent of people's time while Hulu came in with just 8 percent.
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of December 19, 2016China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of December 19, 2016
- Leading online video websites in the United Kingdom (UK) February 2014, by visitorsLeading online video websites in the United Kingdom (UK) February 2014, by visitors
- Penetration rate of online video use in China 2007-2015Penetration rate of online video use in China 2007-2015
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016
- Weekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by ageWeekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by age
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl