Interactions Boost The Effect Of Paying For Facebook Reach
As Facebook is gradually limiting the organic reach of branded content, brands basically have no choice but to pay up to promote their posts. However, according to a recent Socialbakers report, spending money alone isn't going to do much good if the content isn't engaging. The effect of paying for additional reach on Facebook is vastly bigger when the promoted content is good enough to evoke many interactions. While the total reach of posts with few interactions is only 2.3 times higher than the organic reach on average, the total reach of posts with more than 5,000 interactions is almost 90 times higher than the organic reach, meaning that the effect of promoting posts is strongly amplified if the level of interaction is high.
- FacebookFacebook Drives 20x As Much Traffic As Twitter Does
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
- WomenTech World Remains Male-Dominated
This chart shows a gender breakdown of selected tech companies' global workforce.
- FacebookTop Brands See Facebook Engagement Plummeting
This chart shows the average number of interactions per Facebook post for the most engaging global brands on the social network.
- Social NetworksHow Marketers Use Social Media
This chart shows which social platforms are used by marketers. It also shows how the use of social networks in marketing differs depending on whether it’s targeted to businesses or consumers.
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- Facebook: advertising revenue per user 2009-2013Facebook: advertising revenue per user 2009-2013
- Change in companies' Facebook advertising budgets as of August 2013Change in companies' Facebook advertising budgets as of August 2013
- Facebook advertising: primary goals in the U.S. as of August 2013Facebook advertising: primary goals in the U.S. as of August 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter