Windows 8 Gains 0.63 Percent in December 2012
According to the latest market data from Net Applications in December 2012, Windows 8 improved its market share from 1.09 percent to 1.72 percent by gaining 0.63 percentage points.
However, it will take a while for Windows 8 to reach double-digits. Comparatively, it took Windows 7 five months to account for ten percent of the desktop operating system market after being published in October 2009.
- Number of employees at the Microsoft Corporation from 2005 to 2014 (in 1,000s)
Number of Microsoft's employees 2005-2014
- Microsoft's global revenue in the fiscal years from 2002 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Microsoft's global revenue 2002-2014
- Microsoft's net income from 2002 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Net income of Microsoft 2002-2014
- Market share held by PC operating systems in the U.S. 2012-2014, by monthMarket share held by PC operating systems in the U.S. 2012-2014, by month
- Desktop PCs market share of operating systems 2012-2014Desktop PCs market share of operating systems 2012-2014
- Number of Windows 7 licenses sold worldwide from 2009-2012Number of Windows 7 licenses sold worldwide from 2009-2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens