The Rapid Rise of Mcommerce
According to a recent eMarketer estimate, consumers will spend 38.3 billion U.S. dollars shopping on their mobile devices in 2013. Mcommerce purchases will account for 15 percent of all retail ecommerce sales this year. And this most likely represents the dawn of the rapid rise of mobile commerce.
Sales will grow by up to 87 billion dollars in 2016. The most important device for mcommerce retail is the tablet. In 2013, approximately two out of every three mcommerce-dollars will be spent through these devices. Read more here.
- AmazonAmazon Prime Members Heavily Outspend Non-Prime Customers
This chart shows how much Amazon Prime members spend on Amazon.com compared to regular customers.
- AmazonAmazon's Online Sales Dwarf the Competition
This chart shows the the 10 largest online retailers in the United States, based on online retail sales in 2013.
- PriceA PS4 Costs 4x as Much in Brazil as in the U.S.
This chart shows the suggested retail price for a PlayStation 4 in selected countries in 2014.
- Food RetailFood Retail in the United States
This infographic illustrates key facts about food retail in the United States.
- E-Commerce in ChinaChina On Path to World Domination in Ecommerce
This chart shows a forecast of the B2C ecommerce sales growth 2014 in selected countries.
- Preferred digital retailer access of digital buyers in the United States as of March 2014
Preferred digital retailer access in the United States 2014
- Average value of U.S. online shopping orders in 1st quarter 2014, by device (in U.S. dollars)
U.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by device
- Most popular mobile commerce product categories among smartphone buyers in Europe as of March 2014
EU5: leading m-commerce product categories amongst smartphone buyers 2014
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 1st quarter 2014Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 1st quarter 2014
- Leading global e-retailers in 2013, ranked by mobile commerce salesLeading global e-retailers in 2013, ranked by mobile commerce sales
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter