This statistic shows the death rate for suicide in the United States from 1950 to 2013. In 1950, there were 13.2 deaths by suicide per 100,000 resident population in the United States. Fifty years later, suicide death rate stood at 10.4 per 100 thousand.
Deaths by suicide per 100,000 resident population in the U.S. from 1950 to 2013*
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
|Suicide deaths per 100,000 resident population|
- Microcephaly cases among newborns in Brazil 2010-2015Microcephaly cases among newborns in Brazil 2010-2015
- Microcephaly cases among newborns in Brazil by state 2010-2015Microcephaly cases among newborns in Brazil by state 2010-2015
- U.S. federal health care spending share estimate 2015-2024U.S. federal health care spending share estimate 2015-2024