This statistic shows the death rate for suicide in the United States from 1950 to 2013. In 1950, there were 13.2 deaths by suicide per 100,000 resident population in the United States. Fifty years later, suicide death rate stood at 10.4 per 100 thousand.
Deaths by suicide per 100,000 resident population in the U.S. from 1950 to 2013*
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
|Suicide deaths per 100,000 resident population|
- Death rate for intentional self-harm (suicide) in Canada 2000-2012Death rate for intentional self-harm (suicide) in Canada 2000-2012
- Rate of suicide Canada 2007-2012Rate of suicide Canada 2007-2012
- Rate of suicide age-standardized Canada 1950-2009 Rate of suicide age-standardized Canada 1950-2009
- R&D expenditure per employee in U.S. sectors 2000-2010R&D expenditure per employee in U.S. sectors 2000-2010
- Deaths by cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014
- Deaths by influenza and pneumonia in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by influenza and pneumonia in the U.S. 1950-2014