This statistic shows the enrollment figures in the Medicare program from 1966 to 2015, by type of beneficiary. In 2011, there were over 40 million who benefited from Medicare due to their age, while a further 8.5 million benefited on grounds of disability.
Enrollment in the Medicare program from 1966 to 2015, by type of beneficiary (in millions)
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
- Forecasted change in Medicare enrollment 2000-2050Forecasted change in Medicare enrollment 2000-2050
- Forecasted average annual growth in Medicare enrollment 2010-2050Forecasted average annual growth in Medicare enrollment 2010-2050
- Enrollment of Medicare Advantage within Medicare 2001-2014Enrollment of Medicare Advantage within Medicare 2001-2014
- Medicare Advantage enrollment in top ten states in the U.S. 2014Medicare Advantage enrollment in top ten states in the U.S. 2014
- Enrollment of Medicare Advantage by plan type 2011-2014Enrollment of Medicare Advantage by plan type 2011-2014
- Total Medicaid enrollment 1966-2016Total Medicaid enrollment 1966-2016
- Medicaid spending as a percent of total U.S. health expenditure by service 2014Medicaid spending as a percent of total U.S. health expenditure by service 2014
- Medicaid enrollment by enrollment group 2010-2014Medicaid enrollment by enrollment group 2010-2014
- Projected total Medicaid enrollment 2017-2024Projected total Medicaid enrollment 2017-2024
- Medicaid enrollment and expenditure by enrollment group 2014Medicaid enrollment and expenditure by enrollment group 2014