This statistic shows the enrollment figures in the Medicare program from 1966 to 2015, by type of beneficiary. In 2011, there were over 40 million who benefited from Medicare due to their age, while a further 8.5 million benefited on grounds of disability.
Enrollment in the Medicare program from 1966 to 2015, by type of beneficiary (in millions)
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
- Forecasted change in Medicare enrollment 2000-2050Forecasted change in Medicare enrollment 2000-2050
- Forecasted average annual growth in Medicare enrollment 2010-2050Forecasted average annual growth in Medicare enrollment 2010-2050
- Enrollment of Medicare Advantage within Medicare 2001-2014Enrollment of Medicare Advantage within Medicare 2001-2014
- Medicare Advantage enrollment in top ten states in the U.S. 2014Medicare Advantage enrollment in top ten states in the U.S. 2014
- Enrollment of Medicare Advantage by plan type 2011-2014Enrollment of Medicare Advantage by plan type 2011-2014
- Estimated Medicare revenue sources 2015Estimated Medicare revenue sources 2015
- Medicare benefit payments by type of service 2015Medicare benefit payments by type of service 2015
- Major U.S. programs as a share of the federal budget 2010-2015Major U.S. programs as a share of the federal budget 2010-2015
- Annual growth in Medicare per capita spending and other measures 2000-2025Annual growth in Medicare per capita spending and other measures 2000-2025
- Lowest uninsured rates in U.S. metropolitan areas in 2015Lowest uninsured rates in U.S. metropolitan areas in 2015