This statistic shows the distribution of the total corn production worldwide in 2014, broken down by country. In that year, the United States were responsible for over a third of the world's corn production. Most of the U.S. production amount is attributable to the Corn Belt, which is located in the Midwest of the United States. Since the 1850s, corn has been the predominant crop in this area.
Distribution of global corn production in 2014, by country*
- Forecast: shipment value wet corn milling US 2008-2020Forecast: shipment value wet corn milling US 2008-2020
- Forecast: sales value wet corn milling Mexico 2009-2020Forecast: sales value wet corn milling Mexico 2009-2020
- Forecast: sales value cornmeal manufacture Mexico 2009-2020Forecast: sales value cornmeal manufacture Mexico 2009-2020
- World coffee per capita consumption: major consumer countries 2014World coffee per capita consumption: major consumer countries 2014
- Monsanto's seed and genomics segment net sales 2011-2015Monsanto's seed and genomics segment net sales 2011-2015
- People suffering undernourishment by world region 1990-2016People suffering undernourishment by world region 1990-2016