Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global Apple iPod sales from 1st quarter 2006 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
|Fiscal quarters||Sales in million units|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows global Apple iPod sales from the first quarter of 2006 to the most recent fiscal quarter. In the first quarter of the 2006 fiscal year (October to December 2005), Apple sold 14.04 million iPods worldwide. In the first fiscal quarter of 2006 (October to December 2005), Apple's iPod revenue amounted to 2.91 billion U.S. dollars.
Apple iPod information
Since 2010, sales of Apple iPods worldwide have been showing a consistent decline. As can be seen in the graph however the company does experience a consistent peak in sales, which occurs in the first quarter of the company’s own financial year. For Apple, the first quarter of their financial year is from early October to late December – just around the holiday season. Indeed, some statistics have found the iPod touch in particular to rate very highly on the wish list for electronic devices for children in the US.
In reality, the entire market for digital music players has been slowing and declining in recent years and Apple’s own sales figures essentially follow the existing overall trend. However, Apple has managed to remain a clear leader in this field above other brands and devices. It has been suggested by some that decline in the demand for Mp3 players and with it iPods, has been caused by the increased capacity of smartphones to play and store music as a multi-functional device. If this were the case then Apple would essentially be responsible for the market cannibalization of its own product, as iphone sales have replaced sales of iPods.
For Apple, the decline seen in sales of the iPod have clearly not been so damaging for the company. As the share of the company’s total revenue made from iPods has decreased, the dominance of the tablet and iPhone in their respective markets has meant the company has maintained a dominant position in the global and U.S. markets.
- Apple product sales comparison 2009-2014, by quarterApple product sales comparison 2009-2014, by quarter
- Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarterApple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter
- Global Apple iPod revenue 2006-2014Global Apple iPod revenue 2006-2014
- iPod revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2014, by quarteriPod revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2014, by quarter
- Apple iPod Touch: U.S. revenue Q3 2007-Q2 2012Apple iPod Touch: U.S. revenue Q3 2007-Q2 2012
- Workstation shipments worldwide 2008-2014, by quarterWorkstation shipments worldwide 2008-2014, by quarter
- Market share held by mobile browsers in the U.S. 2012-2014, by monthMarket share held by mobile browsers in the U.S. 2012-2014, by month
- Market share held by PC operating systems in the U.S. 2012-2014, by monthMarket share held by PC operating systems in the U.S. 2012-2014, by month
- IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014
- Percentage of adults who used computers in the U.S.Percentage of adults who used computers in the U.S.
- Telecommunications providers: monthly revenue per subscriber in the U.S. in 2011Telecommunications providers: monthly revenue per subscriber in the U.S. in 2011