Brand value of the 10 most valuable car brands worldwide in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Brand value in million U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The statistic shows the brand value of the ten most valuable car brands worldwide in 2014. In that year, Toyota was the top ranked car brand in the world with a brand value that amounted to about 29.6 billion U.S. dollars.
Global Automotive Industry
The global automotive industry involves the manufacture and sales of automobiles and other retail activities, such as gas-station retail and the sale of car parts and is a leading driver of global economic growth. The United States is one of the leading players in the automotive industry, in terms of production and consumption of vehicles. In 2012, the United States produced about 4.1 million passenger cars and about 6.23 million commercial vehicles. Some of the countries that are predicted to be major players in the automotive industry in the near future include Brazil, Russia, India, China, Iran, and Indonesia.
With the increasing demand for automobiles, particularly in regions with large populations such as India and China, there has been a rise in environmental pollution. Pollution results from manufacturing of automotive vehicles and automotive components as well as from emissions. There are also concerns about fuel availability, as fossil fuel supplies are likely to deplete with rise in the global demand. Hence, the demand for green automotive transport that has a minimum effect on the external environment will increase in coming years.
Technological innovation is changing the automotive industry, with computers being used to regulate fuel and air entering vehicle engines to cut emissions. Advances in exhaust emission systems are improving air quality and reducing harm to the environment. Research in this sector is important as government legislation favors clean car technologies. Similarly, the global electric vehicle market is being driven by environmental concern.
- Most valuable car brands worldwide by brand value 2014Most valuable car brands worldwide by brand value 2014
Most valuable car brands worldwide in 2014, by brand value (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Brand value of the most valuable car brands worldwide 2012+Brand value of the most valuable car brands worldwide 2012
Brand value of the 10 most valuable car brands worldwide in 2012 (in million U.S. dollars)
- The 5 leading airlines ranked by brand value 2014+The 5 leading airlines ranked by brand value 2014
The leading airlines worldwide in 2014, ranked by brand value (in million U.S. dollars)
- Mercedes: brand value 2006-2014+Mercedes: brand value 2006-2014
Mercedes-Benz's global brand value from 2006 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Most valuable auto manufacturer brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable auto manufacturer brands in the UK in 2014
Most valuable auto manufacturer brands in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Trend in new passenger car registrations in Europe 2014Trend in new passenger car registrations in Europe 2014
- Volkswagen's EU share: new-car registrations in November 2014Volkswagen's EU share: new-car registrations in November 2014
- Opel and Vauxhall's market share of new car registrations - EU 2014Opel and Vauxhall's market share of new car registrations - EU 2014
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013
- Sales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by modelSales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by model
- Passenger car sales in China by model as of November 2014Passenger car sales in China by model as of November 2014