Marketers Have Yet To Embrace Twitter Advertising
It's been a little more than four months since Twitter made its long-awaited stock market debut and it seems like not much is left of the hype that surrounded the company's IPO in November 2013. Even though Twitter's stock is still trading at almost twice its IPO price of $26, the trend is clearly negative since the stock hit an alltime high of $73 in late December.
Not only are investors worried by the apparent deceleration of Twitter's growth, but also by doubts regarding Twitter's ability to monetize its existing user base. A recent report published by Social Media analytics firm Socialbakers will probably do little to disperse these doubts. According to the report, marketers show little interest in advertising on Twitter. While 92% of the 500+ marketings professionals surveyed, state that their company advertises on Facebook, only 23% utilize Twitter's ad platform.
- Social NetworksSnapchat More Popular Than Twitter Among Millennials
This chart shows the most popular social media apps among U.S. millennials in June 2014.
- FacebookFacebook Drives 20x As Much Traffic As Twitter Does
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
- Online VideoKey Facts on Vine Usage
This chart shows key facts on Twitter's video sharing service Vine, on its users and why marketers shouldn't ignore it.
- 2014 FIFA World CupWorld Cup Final Sparks 32 Million Tweets
This chart shows the most tweeted-about matches of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- WomenTech World Remains Male-Dominated
This chart shows a gender breakdown of selected tech companies' global workforce.
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014
- Number of unique U.S. visitors to Twitter from April 2011 to January 2014 (in millions)
Number of unique U.S. visitors to Twitter as of January 2014
- Number of Twitter employees between January 2008 and November 2013
Twitter: number of employees 2008-2013
- Social media advertising spending in the UK 2011-2013Social media advertising spending in the UK 2011-2013
- Social media advertising - effectiveness in Q1 2013, by regionSocial media advertising - effectiveness in Q1 2013, by region
- Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2011-2016Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2011-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter