Marketers Have Yet To Embrace Twitter Advertising
It's been a little more than four months since Twitter made its long-awaited stock market debut and it seems like not much is left of the hype that surrounded the company's IPO in November 2013. Even though Twitter's stock is still trading at almost twice its IPO price of $26, the trend is clearly negative since the stock hit an alltime high of $73 in late December.
Not only are investors worried by the apparent deceleration of Twitter's growth, but also by doubts regarding Twitter's ability to monetize its existing user base. A recent report published by Social Media analytics firm Socialbakers will probably do little to disperse these doubts. According to the report, marketers show little interest in advertising on Twitter. While 92% of the 500+ marketings professionals surveyed, state that their company advertises on Facebook, only 23% utilize Twitter's ad platform.
- TwitterThe Most-Followed FIFA World Cup Players on Twitter
This chart shows the most popular FIFA World Cup players on Twitter.
- TwitterThese TV Series Had the Biggest Reach on Twitter Last Season
This chart shows the TV series with the biggest average reach on Twitter in the past TV season. On average, more than 6 million Twitter users viewed at least one tweet related to Breaking Bad whenever a new episode aired in the past 6 months.
- TwitterAsia to Become Twitter's Most Important Market
This charts shows an estimated regional breakdown of Twitter's active user base from 2012 to 2018.
- Social NetworksHow Marketers Use Social Media
This chart shows which social platforms are used by marketers. It also shows how the use of social networks in marketing differs depending on whether it’s targeted to businesses or consumers.
- Social NetworksSocial Networks Take Up The Most Online Time in the U.S.
This chart shows the average minutes per day spent with online activities in the U.S. in 2013.
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014
- Number of unique U.S. visitors to Twitter from April 2011 to January 2014 (in millions)
Number of unique U.S. visitors to Twitter as of January 2014
- Number of Twitter employees between January 2008 and November 2013
Twitter: number of employees 2008-2013
- Social media advertising spending in the UK 2011-2013Social media advertising spending in the UK 2011-2013
- Social media advertising - effectiveness in Q1 2013, by regionSocial media advertising - effectiveness in Q1 2013, by region
- Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2011-2016Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2011-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter