Marketers Have Yet To Embrace Twitter Advertising
It's been a little more than four months since Twitter made its long-awaited stock market debut and it seems like not much is left of the hype that surrounded the company's IPO in November 2013. Even though Twitter's stock is still trading at almost twice its IPO price of $26, the trend is clearly negative since the stock hit an alltime high of $73 in late December.
Not only are investors worried by the apparent deceleration of Twitter's growth, but also by doubts regarding Twitter's ability to monetize its existing user base. A recent report published by Social Media analytics firm Socialbakers will probably do little to disperse these doubts. According to the report, marketers show little interest in advertising on Twitter. While 92% of the 500+ marketings professionals surveyed, state that their company advertises on Facebook, only 23% utilize Twitter's ad platform.
- Social media advertising spending in the U.S. from 2011 to 2018Social media advertising spending in the U.S. from 2011 to 2018
- Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2015-2016Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2015-2016
- Social media advertising impact on user behavior in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014Social media advertising impact on user behavior in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Media usage in an online minute 2016Media usage in an online minute 2016
- Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl