Google and Facebook Dominate Booming Mobile Ad Market
Facebook's late push into mobile advertising is paying off big time. Less than two years after the company began serving targeted ads to mobile users, the social network is by far the second largest player in the quickly growing market. eMarketer expects Facebook to rake in $6.8 billion from mobile ad sales this year, trailing only Google which remains the clear industry leader.
eMarketer's data shows how heavily concentrated the mobile ad market is. In the past year, the Top 4 ad publishers accounted for more than 70 percent of mobile ad revenues and, perhaps even more impressively, Google and Facebook alone pocketed two thirds of every dollar spent on mobile advertising in 2013.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens