U.S. Mobile Marketing - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Mobile Marketing in the U.S.
There is a great disproportion between the share of time Americans spend using mobile devices and the share of money invested in mobile advertising. Americans spend 11.7 percent of their media time on their mobile phones and tablets, yet mobile ads only account for 1.6 percent of total ad spend. This is a silver platter opportunity for marketers, which so far remains unexploited:
- only around a half of all U.S. companies were planning to run mobile campaigns in 2012…
- … and to integrate their mobile activities into the overall marketing mix,
- over 50 percent of companies allocated less than five percent of their marketing budget to mobile advertising,
- less than a half optimized their internet presence for the needs of mobile users.
Those, who have experimented with this type of marketing, have no reasons to complain - more than two thirds are satisfied with the outcome. What is more, the audience is eager to receive mobile ads and is willing to share personal information to get interesting offers. Given these perfect conditions, it is no surprise that mobile advertising spending is expected to soar over the next couple of years.
|Mobile marketing communications spending in the U.S.||$15.16bn||Details →|
|Leading advertising agency in the U.S., by mobile revenue||Wunderman (WPP)||Details →|
|Mobile advertising spending in the U.S.||$30.45bn||Details →|
|Country with highest mobile advertising spending per mobile phone internet user||United Kingdom||Details →|
|Mobile advertising expenditure on messaging in the U.S.||$0.24b||Details →|
- U.S. mobile ad spending in 2014, by categoryU.S. mobile ad spending in 2014, by category
Mobile advertising expenditure in the United States in 2014, by category (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Usage of mobile marketing in U.S. companies in 2012 and 2013+Usage of mobile marketing in U.S. companies in 2012 and 2013
Are you currently using mobile as a marketing channel?
- Share of mobile marketing in U.S. companies' marketing budgets in 2012Share of mobile marketing in U.S. companies' marketing budgets in 2012
What percentage of your interactive marketing budget is allocated to mobile marketing?
- Marketers' views on the challenges facing mobile advertising in the U.S. 2015Marketers' views on the challenges facing mobile advertising in the U.S. 2015
Importance given by marketers to challenges facing mobile advertising in the United States in 2015
- Mobile advertising spending in the U.S. 2011-2019+Mobile advertising spending in the U.S. 2011-2019
Mobile advertising spending in the United States from 2011 to 2019 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver