U.S. Mobile Marketing - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Mobile Marketing in the U.S.
Mobile marketing involves initiatives that use mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, as platforms for marketing. SMS and MMS marketing, cross-platform advertising, app-based and location-based strategies, mobile optimization for email marketing and sites are a few types of mobile marketing strategies used by marketers to reach their public. With the projected growth in number of users of smartphone worldwide, mobile marketing rises as a promising field in the marketing and advertising industry.
The United States, which is forecast to be home of more than 235 million smartphone users by 2019, is much in line with the overall global trend. The marketing industry in the U.S. is expected to intensify investments in mobile marketing communication, as spending in this area is estimated to nearly double from 2013 to 2015. American marketers showed to be satisfied with the results of their mobile advertising activities as the market shows promising figures for the coming years. A survey conducted in 2015 shows 64 percent of American marketers expect an increase on the mobile advertising budget over the next two years, while the overall spending of the industry is forecast to grow from nearly 20 billion U.S. dollars in 2014 to around 65 billion U.S. dollars in 2019. Retail, financial services, automotive and telecommunication are the biggest mobile advertising spenders; together, these industries spent nearly 17 billion U.S. dollars in mobile advertising in 2015.
From the use of beacons to mobile optimization for sites and email marketing, there are several tools and tactics to approach mobile marketing. Social integration, SMS or text messaging, scannable codes, tags and QR, along with smartphone apps are some of the most popular mobile marketing tactics used by brands in the U.S. Nearly half of the companies in the U.S. are forecast to use mobile coupons for marketing purposes by 2017. Mobile search advertising is also forecast to grow in the coming years, with projections to account for just over 75 percent of all digital search advertising spending in the U.S. by 2018.
Despite the rise of mobile marketing and its diverse uses, it is still challenging for marketers to measure the success and return of investment (ROI) of mobile marketing campaigns. The lack of standardized advertising units and standardized metrics are both amongst the most important challenges marketers face in mobile advertising market in the U.S. Even though these standardized measurements are yet to be established, marketers use metrics such as sales, social media shares or likes and number of click-through to access the effectiveness of mobile marketing campaigns. On the other hand, mobile app campaigns’ success is mainly measured by the number of downloads, recurrent usage and time spent on the app.
|Mobile marketing communications spending in the U.S.||$15.16bn||Details →|
|Leading advertising agency in the U.S., by mobile revenue||Wunderman (WPP)||Details →|
|Mobile advertising spending in the U.S.||$42.01bn||Details →|
|Country with highest mobile advertising spending per mobile phone internet user||United Kingdom||Details →|
|Mobile advertising expenditure on messaging in the U.S.||$0.24b||Details →|
- Marketers' views on the challenges facing mobile advertising in the U.S. 2015Marketers' views on the challenges facing mobile advertising in the U.S. 2015
Importance given by marketers to challenges facing mobile advertising in the United States in 2015
- Mobile advertising budget allocation in the U.S. 2014+Mobile advertising budget allocation in the U.S. 2014
What is your mobile advertising budget for the fiscal year 2014?
- Mobile marketing tactics used by U.S. companies 2010-2014+Mobile marketing tactics used by U.S. companies 2010-2014
What mobile tools or tactics do your brand or agency's clients use?
- Mobile advertising response worldwide 2014, by age+Mobile advertising response worldwide 2014, by age
Has an advert you've seen prompted you to do any of the following?
- Mobile marketing communications spending in the U.S. from 2010 to 2015+Mobile marketing communications spending in the U.S. from 2010 to 2015
Mobile marketing communications spending in the United States from 2010 to 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Most effective mobile gaming app advertising companies 2014+Most effective mobile gaming app advertising companies 2014
Which advertising companies are most effective at maximizing revenue?
- Metrics used to measure mobile app success worldwide 2015+Metrics used to measure mobile app success worldwide 2015
Metrics used to measure mobile app success worldwide as of March 2015
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Global ad spend 2015-2016, by mediumGlobal ad spend 2015-2016, by medium
- Consumer trust in different types of advertising worldwide 2007-2015Consumer trust in different types of advertising worldwide 2007-2015
- Global advertising response 2015, by mediumGlobal advertising response 2015, by medium
- Revenues from mobile display advertising in Germany 2013-2015Revenues from mobile display advertising in Germany 2013-2015
- Time spent with media vs. ad spending in the U.S. 2014Time spent with media vs. ad spending in the U.S. 2014