Google Dethrones Apple as Most Valuable Brand
Apple is no longer the world's most valuable brand. According to the latest edition of Millward Brown Optimor's annual Brandz ranking, the long-reigning champion has been dethroned by Google, one of its biggest rivals in the tech world. Apple's brand value decline 20% to $148 billion year-over-year, while Google's surged 40% to nearly $159 billion.
According to Millward Brown, the recent lack of innovation is what ultimately cost Apple the number 1 spot in the popular ranking. Google on the other hand is seen as "making-dreams-come-true-type company", which helped its brand value to thrive.
Ranked third and fourth are IBM and Microsoft, followed by the first non-tech brands McDonald's and Coca-Cola. Surprisingly, tobacco company Marlboro still made the Top 10, despite smoking being on the decline in many parts of the world.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens