Google Dethrones Apple as Most Valuable Brand
Apple is no longer the world's most valuable brand. According to the latest edition of Millward Brown Optimor's annual Brandz ranking, the long-reigning champion has been dethroned by Google, one of its biggest rivals in the tech world. Apple's brand value decline 20% to $148 billion year-over-year, while Google's surged 40% to nearly $159 billion.
According to Millward Brown, the recent lack of innovation is what ultimately cost Apple the number 1 spot in the popular ranking. Google on the other hand is seen as "making-dreams-come-true-type company", which helped its brand value to thrive.
Ranked third and fourth are IBM and Microsoft, followed by the first non-tech brands McDonald's and Coca-Cola. Surprisingly, tobacco company Marlboro still made the Top 10, despite smoking being on the decline in many parts of the world.
10 most valuable North American brands in 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
10 most valuable North American brands 2015
Brand value of the 25 most valuable brands in 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens