Google Dethrones Apple as Most Valuable Brand
Apple is no longer the world's most valuable brand. According to the latest edition of Millward Brown Optimor's annual Brandz ranking, the long-reigning champion has been dethroned by Google, one of its biggest rivals in the tech world. Apple's brand value decline 20% to $148 billion year-over-year, while Google's surged 40% to nearly $159 billion.
According to Millward Brown, the recent lack of innovation is what ultimately cost Apple the number 1 spot in the popular ranking. Google on the other hand is seen as "making-dreams-come-true-type company", which helped its brand value to thrive.
Ranked third and fourth are IBM and Microsoft, followed by the first non-tech brands McDonald's and Coca-Cola. Surprisingly, tobacco company Marlboro still made the Top 10, despite smoking being on the decline in many parts of the world.
- AndroidAndroid Wear Smartwatches Work With Less Than 25% of Android Devices
This chart shows active devices running Android by version and smartwatch compatibility.
- WomenTech World Remains Male-Dominated
This chart shows a gender breakdown of selected tech companies' global workforce.
- TwitterTwitter Suffers Sell-Off as Lock-Up Expires
This chart shows how selected public Internet companies have fared on the first day early investors and employees could sell their stock after the companies' respective IPOs.
- GoogleGoogle Heavily Outspends Tech Rivals on Lobbying
This chart shows the lobbying expenditure of high-profile tech companies in the United States.
- 10 most valuable North American brands in 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
10 most valuable North American brands 2014
- Brand value of the 25 most valuable brands in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2014
- Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013
- Brand value of the most valuable car brands worldwide 2014Brand value of the most valuable car brands worldwide 2014
- Brand value growth compared to the previous year worldwide 2010-2014, by sectorBrand value growth compared to the previous year worldwide 2010-2014, by sector
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter