This chart shows the percentage of revenue the U.S. music industry generates from digital music distribution, namely downloads and streaming services.
This chart shows the highest-earning country musicians worldwide in 2014.
This chart illustrates the adoption of digital music services in selected countries. It shows that legal digital music services have become mainstream, with preferences for download or streaming services varying across countries.
This chart shows the estimated annual change in global music revenues, broken down by type.
This chart shows U.S. music industry revenues at retail value.
This chart shows which services Americans use to stay up-to-date with music.
This chart shows the digital share of recorded music sales in the five largest recorded music markets in the world.
In times of declining music sales, record companies have to find new revenue sources. 360° or multiple rights deals grant labels access to revenue streams beyond record sales (e.g. merchandise and touring) in exchange for a hefty advance and guaranteed payments to the artist.
This chart shows the results of a survey on music streaming adoption in the United States.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens