Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Fastest viral videos as of April 2013, based on the time needed to reach 100 million views (in days)
|Days needed to reach 100 million views|
|Susan Boyle: Britain's Got Talent||9|
|Lady Gaga: Bad Romance||18|
|Rebecca Black: Friday||45|
|PSY: Gangnam Style||52|
|Justin Bieber: Baby||56|
|Miley Cyrus: Party in the USA||57|
|Modern Warfare 2||77|
|Beyoncé: Single Ladies||114|
|Katy Perry: Hot'n'Cold||122|
|Jeff Dunham: Achmed the Dead Terrorist||165|
|The Annoying Orange||167|
|David After Dentist||359|
|Charlie Bit My Finger Again||402|
|Evian: Live Young||416|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the fastest viral video campaigns or clips to reach 100 million views across the internet. This measurement is based on the number of days it took to reach this view count. As of April 2013, South Korean singer PSY's music video "Gentleman" was the fastest viral video to reach and surpass 100 million views. Previously, his viral music video hit Gangnam Style hit 100 million YouTube views after being online for 52 days and was also the first music video to reach 1.5 billion views altogether.
YouTube is a video sharing website originally founded in 2005. The website was purchased by Google in 2006 for roughly 1.65 billion U.S. dollars in Google stock. Since the acquisition, YouTube has grown significantly, becoming the primary source for videos online, such as tutorials, news, gaming videos and vlogs. YouTube’s user base has increased every single year and along with it the number of videos posted. As of May 2013, over 100 hours of video were uploaded to YouTube per minute.
Based on a survey in the United States, YouTube was the second most popular social media website in the country as of June 2014, amassing roughly 36.3 percent of all social media visits, trailing only Facebook by a small margin.
In terms of popularity, the fastest growing genre on YouTube is arguably gaming. The channel with the most subscribers as of March 2014 is PewDiePie, having a grand total of 26 million subscribers. He is a comedic gamer, often posting videos of live commentaries while playing popular games and has become a fan favorite among younger viewers.
- Most-shared viral video ads in the UK March-April 2014Most-shared viral video ads in the UK March-April 2014
Top 10 viral video ads in the United Kingdom (UK) from March to April 2014 (in thousand shares)
- Online video: most popular categories in the United States 2013+Online video: most popular categories in the United States 2013
Percentage of U.S. internet users who watch selected types of online videos as of July 2013
- U.S. monthly time spent on online video 2014, by age+U.S. monthly time spent on online video 2014, by age
Monthly time spent by U.S. users watching online video during 2nd quarter 2014, by age group (in minutes)
- U.S. weekly time spent on online video 2014, by age+U.S. weekly time spent on online video 2014, by age
Weekly time spent by U.S. users watching online video during 2nd quarter 2014, by age group (in minutes)
- Leading online video websites in the United Kingdom (UK) February 2014, by visitorsLeading online video websites in the United Kingdom (UK) February 2014, by visitors
Online video websites ranked by visitors in the United Kingdom (UK) in February 2014 (in 1,000s)
- Most popular U.S. YouTube partner channels in October 2014, ranked by viewersMost popular U.S. YouTube partner channels in October 2014, ranked by viewers
- Netflix: share of peak period downstream traffic in the U.S. 2014Netflix: share of peak period downstream traffic in the U.S. 2014
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of November 15, 2014China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of November 15, 2014
- Number of daily active Facebook users worldwide as of 3rd quarter 2014Number of daily active Facebook users worldwide as of 3rd quarter 2014
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018