Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Player salaries in the National Football League 2013/14 season (in million U.S. dollars), by team*
|Player salaries in million U.S. dollars|
|Green Bay Packers||171|
|Kansas City Chiefs||166|
|San Francisco 49ers||157|
|New England Patriots||156|
|St. Louis Rams||151|
|New Orleans Saints||148|
|New York Giants||146|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||145|
|San Diego Chargers||138|
|New York Jets||134|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic depicts the player salaries in the National Football League by team for the 2013/14 season. The Denver Broncos have a payroll of 171 million U.S. dollars for their roster.
Team payrolls and player salaries in North American sports leagues
The National Football League is, compared to the other major sports leagues in North America (NBA, MLB, NHL), the largest in terms of revenue. The league-wide revenue was at more than 9.5 billion U.S. dollars in 2013.
According to Forbes, player salaries for that season amounted to more than 4.78 billion U.S. dollars. On average each team expended around 149 million U.S. dollars on player salaries. The Detroit Tigers had the highest payroll in the 2013/14 season, including benefits and bonuses, with around 180 million U.S. dollars in player salaries. With more than 20 million U.S. dollars in annual salary earnings Joe Flacco, quarterback of the Baltimore Ravens, is amongst the highest-paid players in the league.
Compared to football, the best players in baseball and basketball tend to earn more in salaries than football players. Kobe Bryant for example stands to make more than 30 million U.S. dollars in the 2013/14 NBA season. Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees has a salary of 29 million U.S. dollars in the 2013 season.
According to research conducted by Sporting Intelligence, the Los Angeles Dodgers were the team with the highest team payroll in sports worldwide in 2013/14, with player salaries in excess of 240 million U.S. dollars. Three other teams of Major League Baseball (the New York Yankees, the Detroit Tigers and the Philadelphia Phillies) were also among the top-10 in regards to team payroll.
The other six spots among the top-10 were taken by European soccer teams such as Manchester City, Real Madrid and the FC Barcelona. In this timeframe, the New York Yankees had the highest average pay per player among the teams from North American sports leagues listed, with an average player salary of 8.03 million U.S. dollars. Only Manchester City of the Barclays Premier League paid their players more on average with 8.11 million U.S. dollars per player.
- Highest average player salaries by sports team worldwide 2011Highest average player salaries by sports team worldwide 2011
- Sports teams worldwide ranked by total player salaries 2013/14Sports teams worldwide ranked by total player salaries 2013/14
- Borussia Dortmund expenses professional squad 2013/14Borussia Dortmund expenses professional squad 2013/14
- Average payroll of National Hockey League teams 2012Average payroll of National Hockey League teams 2012
- Major League Baseball - payroll (opening day) by team 2014Major League Baseball - payroll (opening day) by team 2014
- Average attendance of major sports leagues around the world 2013/14Average attendance of major sports leagues around the world 2013/14
- Average per game attendance of major US sports leagues 2013/14Average per game attendance of major US sports leagues 2013/14
- Adult followers of professional football in the U.S. 2014Adult followers of professional football in the U.S. 2014
- Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013
- Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013
- Number of fitness and health clubs worldwide 2009-2013Number of fitness and health clubs worldwide 2009-2013