Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
National Football League: total attendance at regular season games 2008 to 2013 (in millions)
|Attendance (in millions)|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph depicts the total attendance at regular season games in the National Football League from 2008 to 2013. In 2011, the regular season games of all NFL teams were attended by a total of 17.12 million spectators.
Attendance at NFL games
Over the last few years the total attendance at regular season games of the National Football League has consistently been at more than 17 million per season. The NFL is composed of 32 teams and each team plays eight home games during the regular season for a total of 256 games per season. The average attendance at National Football League games was at around 67,000 in the 2012 season.
In 2012, the Dallas Cowboys drew the most spectators to their home games with a total attendance of more than 700 thousand. The Cowboys also had the highest average attendance that season with around 88,500 people attending each home game. The Oakland Raiders drew the fewest fans with an average attendance of 54,200 per game during the regular season. The average price for a ticket to an NFL game was at 78.38 U.S. dollars in 2012. On average tickets to New York Jets games were the most expensive (117.94 U.S. dollars) while tickets for Cleveland Browns games were the least expensive with an average price of 54.20 U.S. dollars.
Compared to the other major North American sports leagues, the NFL has by far the highest average attendance than the MLB, the NBA and the NHL. This trend is due to the greater capacities of NFL stadiums. Games of the National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League are attended by about 17,000 people on average. Average attendance at MLB games was at about 30,800.
- Regular season home attendance of National Football League franchises 2013Regular season home attendance of National Football League franchises 2013
National Football League: total regular season home attendance by team in 2013*
- National Football League teams ranked by average attendance 2013National Football League teams ranked by average attendance 2013
Teams of the NFL ranked by average regular season attendance in the 2013 season
- Average attendance in the National Football League 2013+Average attendance in the National Football League 2013
National Football League average per game attendance from 2008 to 2013
- Average ticket price in the National Football League 2014Average ticket price in the National Football League 2014
National Football League average ticket price from 2006 to 2014 (in U.S. dollars)*
- Average attendance of major sports leagues around the world 2013/14Average attendance of major sports leagues around the world 2013/14
Major sports leagues worldwide ranked by average per game attendance in 2013/14 (in 1,000s)
- National Basketball Association all-time scoring leaders 1946-2014National Basketball Association all-time scoring leaders 1946-2014
- Factors influencing book purchase decisions among U.S. teenagers 2014Factors influencing book purchase decisions among U.S. teenagers 2014
- Average franchise value in major U.S. sports leagues 2014Average franchise value in major U.S. sports leagues 2014
- Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017
- Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013
- Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013