Australia: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
|Inhabitants in millions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the total population of Australia from 2004 to 2014. In 2012, Australia had a total population of about 22.8 million people.
Population of Australia
Australia is among the ten largest countries in the world, in terms of area size, although its total population is low in numbers compared to other countries. Not all of Australia’s land mass has been reclaimed and urbanized, as most of Australia’s inhabitants live in metropolises and cities on the country’s coasts. The majority of Australians is of European descent (predominantly British), and only a small minority belongs to the indigenous population, the Aborigines.
Although the number of Australians is rising slowly and continuously, year-on-year population growth in Australia has only recently recovered from a slight slump in 2010 and 2011, while the fertility rate has been stable over the last decade.
Standard of living is fairly high in Australia, which can be seen when looking at the Human Development Index, which ranks countries by their level of human development and living standards, such as their unemployment rate, literacy rate or life expectancy at birth. Life expectancy of Australia’s population is quite high in international comparison, for example, Australia is also among the leading countries when it comes to this key factor.
Economically speaking, Australia is also among the leading nations, with a steadily rising employment rate, an increasing gross domestic product (GDP) with a steady growth rate, and a relatively stable share in the global GDP.
- Total population of Brazil 2014Total population of Brazil 2014
- Total population of China 2009-2019Total population of China 2009-2019
- Total population of Russia 2014Total population of Russia 2014
- Total population of the United States 2014Total population of the United States 2014
- Total population in Japan 2014Total population in Japan 2014
- Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014
- Monthly inflation rate in China as of June 2014Monthly inflation rate in China as of June 2014
- Population growth in the European Union (EU) 2013Population growth in the European Union (EU) 2013
- Aging population in China - Statista Dossier 2013Aging population in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- Population in China - Statista Dossier 2013Population in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- Australia - Statista Dossier 2013Australia - Statista Dossier 2013
- United Arab Emirates - Statista Dossier 2014United Arab Emirates - Statista Dossier 2014
- Ukraine - Statista Dossier 2014Ukraine - Statista Dossier 2014
- Germany - Statista Dossier 2014Germany - Statista Dossier 2014
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014
- Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014
- Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013