Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
India: Life expectancy at birth from 2002 to 2012 (in years)
|Life expectancy at birth in years|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the life expectancy at birth in India from 2001 to 2012. The average life expectancy at birth in India in 2011 was 65.85 years.
Standard of living in India
India is one of the so-called BRIC countries, an acronym which stands for Brazil, Russia, India and China, the four states considered the major emerging market countries. They are all in a similar advanced economic state and are expected to advance even further. India is also among the twenty leading countries with the largest gross domestic product / GDP, and the twenty countries with the largest proportion of global gross domestic product / GDP based on Purchasing Power Parity (PPP). Its unemployment rate has been stable over the past few years; India is also among the leading import and export countries worldwide.
This alone should put India in a relatively comfortable position economically speaking, however, parts of India’s population are struggling with poverty and health problems. When looking at a comparison of the median age of the population in selected countries – i.e. one half of the population is older and the other half is younger –, it can be seen that the median age of the Indian population is about twenty years less than that of the Germans or Japanese. In fact, the median age in India is significantly lower than the median age of the population of the other emerging BRIC countries – Russia, China and Brazil. Additionally, the total population of India has been steadily increasing. Regarding life expectancy, India is neither among the countries with the highest, nor among those with the lowest life expectancy at birth. The majority of the Indian population is aged between 15 and 64 years, with only about 5 percent being older than 64.
- Life expectancy in the United States 2012Life expectancy in the United States 2012
- Female life expectancy at birth in Taiwan 2008-2011Female life expectancy at birth in Taiwan 2008-2011
- Male life expectancy at birth in Taiwan 2008-2011Male life expectancy at birth in Taiwan 2008-2011
- Female life expectancy at birth in Macau 2008-2012Female life expectancy at birth in Macau 2008-2012
- Male life expectancy at birth in Macau 2008-2012Male life expectancy at birth in Macau 2008-2012
- Weekly box office revenue in India - September 21-27, 2014Weekly box office revenue in India - September 21-27, 2014
- United States - monthly inflation rate August 2014United States - monthly inflation rate August 2014
- Monthly inflation rate in China as of August 2014Monthly inflation rate in China as of August 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014
- Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014