Car Drivers - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about car drivers
The number of people with a driver’s license in the United States rose steadily from 1988 to 2010. In 1988, the number of licensed drivers totaled 163 million and by 2010 this number had increased to around 210 million.
According to a survey, the worst drivers are considered to be in Italy, Turkey and the Netherlands, followed by Germany, France and Poland. Drivers in the United States were ranked seventh according to the survey.
Drivers in the U.S. tend to prefer American brands Ford and Chevrolet, when buying a car. In 2011, about 2 million Ford cars and 1.8 million Chevrolet cars were sold. The most successful foreign brand was Toyota, with sales of 1.45 million vehicles in 2011.
Picture: freeimages.com / dragon_art
|Number of drivers licensed in the U.S.||214m||Details →|
|Light vehicle sales in the U.S.||1,401,986k||Details →|
- Number of licensed drivers - United States 1990-2014+Number of licensed drivers - United States 1990-2014
Number of drivers licensed in the United States from 1990 to 2014 (in 1,000s)
- Licensed drivers versus general population - U.S. 1990-2014+Licensed drivers versus general population - U.S. 1990-2014
U.S. resident population and number of people with a driver's license from 1990 to 2014 (in 1,000s)
- Car brands - vehicle sales in the U.S. 2015+Car brands - vehicle sales in the U.S. 2015
Leading car brands in the United States in 2015, based on vehicle sales (in 1,000 units)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Worldwide automobile production through 2015Worldwide automobile production through 2015
- Licensed drivers in the U.S. - total number by state 2014Licensed drivers in the U.S. - total number by state 2014
- Best selling car models worldwide in 2015Best selling car models worldwide in 2015
- Number of cars in China 2007-2015Number of cars in China 2007-2015
- Amount of vehicles in China from 2004 to 2014Amount of vehicles in China from 2004 to 2014