Mobile Devices - The 21st Century Nanny
More than 60 percent of American parents with children aged 18 and younger have used a tablet or smartphone to keep their child occupied in the past. Who needs a babysitter when you have an iPad, right?
- App StoresMonthly Mobile App Usage in the U.S.
This chart shows mobile app usage by Android and iPhone users in the United States by age.
- Mobile App UsageHow Many Apps U.S. Smartphone Owners Use Per Month
This chart shows how many apps U.S. smartphone owners use per month and how much time they spend with apps.
- Mobile App UsageMobile Is Taking Over Digital Media Usage
This chart breaks down the time spent with digital media in selected content categories in the U.S. in May 2014, by platform.
- College Sports (NCAA)Apps Bring March Madness to the Office
This chart illustrates if and when Americans use mobile apps to follow March Madness during the workday. According to Soasta the majority of fans plan to follow the tournament at work.
- Internet Usage in ChinaApp Usage in China Is Quickly on the Rise
This chart shows the year-over-year growth of active app users in China, broken down by app category.
- Global market share held by tablet operating systems from 2010 to 2014, by quarter
Global market share held by tablet operating systems 2010-2014, by quarter
- Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd quarter 2010 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter
- Worldwide shipments of tablets from 2010 to 2018 (in million units)
Global tablet shipments forecast 2010-2018
- Forecast: iPad users in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017Forecast: iPad users in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017
- Average active app usage in selected countries 2014Average active app usage in selected countries 2014
- U.S. online dating site and mobile dating app usage 2014, by ageU.S. online dating site and mobile dating app usage 2014, by age
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter