Mobile Devices - The 21st Century Nanny
More than 60 percent of American parents with children aged 18 and younger have used a tablet or smartphone to keep their child occupied in the past. Who needs a babysitter when you have an iPad, right?
- Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd fiscal quarter of 2010 to 2nd fiscal quarter of 2015 (in million units)*
Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2015, by quarter
- Projected unit shipments of tablets worldwide from 2010 to 2019 (in million units)
Global tablet shipments forecast 2010-2019
- Global market share held by tablet operating systems from 2010 to 2014, by quarter
Global market share held by tablet operating systems 2010-2014, by quarter
- Monthly mobile app usage frequency 2014, by categoryMonthly mobile app usage frequency 2014, by category
- Forecast: number of iPad users in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013-2019Forecast: number of iPad users in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013-2019
- Forecast: iPad users in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017Forecast: iPad users in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens