Americans Consume 60 Hours of Electronic Media per Week
According to Nielsen, the average American watched 35 hours of TV every week in 2012. That's more than 5 hours per day and a clear sign that TV isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future. In total, Americans consume a whopping 60 hours of electronic media every week. That includes TV, radio, internet usage, online video, video game, mobile video and DVDs/Blu-Rays. Adding to this the time that people spent on their mobile phones, which Nielsen does not consider here aside from mobile video, it is a surprise that anybody gets anything done, ever.
- Number of TV households in the United States from season 2000-2001 to season 2014-2015 (in millions)
Number of TV households in the U.S. 2000-2014
- Weekly radio reach in the United States from 2009 to 2013 (in millions)
Weekly radio reach in the U.S. from 2009 to 2013
- Cities with the highest and lowest daily newspaper readership in the United States in 2012
Cities with the highest and lowest daily newspaper readership in the U.S. in 2012
- Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014Social networks: multi-platform visitors in the United States 2014
- United States - monthly inflation rate October 2014United States - monthly inflation rate October 2014
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens