By Next Year 80% of iPhone Sales Could Be Replacements
As Apple's iPhone business is maturing, it is changing considerably. Having reached the lion's share of potential buyers by now, unit sales growth is naturally slowing down and the majority of iPhone purchases is no longer to new customers but to existing ones who upgrade to a newer model.
As the changes brought along by new iPhone models have become increasingly incremental rather than fundamental, Apple is struggling to convince iPhone users of updating their phone at least every other year, which could be why this year's new iPhone will reportedly bring a change that Apple has long hesitated to make. For some time now people have been asking for a larger-screen iPhone which, it seems, Apple will finally deliver this fall. The decision to introduce a large-screen iPhone could not only help convince existing iPhone users to shell out for a new model, but also tempt some Android devotees to try something else for a change.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens