Manchester City Have the Best-Paid Players in the World
Premier League side Manchester City are the highest-paid sports team in the world, ahead of the New York Yankees baseball team. The Manchester outfit have been bankrolled through oil money from the UAE’s deputy prime minister, Minister Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and this has propelled them to success in recent years. Indeed, Manchester City’s players are now averaging an impressive $8.1 million per year.
This may have repercussions, however, as the scale of the football club’s financial outlay has placed it on the brink of breaching Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations. Further down the list, the Los Angeles Dodgers are in third place after the Yankees while Spanish soccer powerhouses Real Madrid and Barcelona round off the top five respectively.
- 2014 FIFA World CupKlose Grabs World Cup Goal Record
This chart shows the most-successful World Cup goal scorers of all time.
- 2014 FIFA World CupWhich Countries’ Soccer Fans Bought the Most World Cup Tickets
This chart shows the number of World Cup tickets sold to fans from the following countries.
- Soccer60% of Americans Have No Interest In Soccer
This chart shows the level of interest in soccer in selected countries in 2014
- TwitterThe Most-Followed FIFA World Cup Players on Twitter
This chart shows the most popular FIFA World Cup players on Twitter.
- Recycling in the United States49 Million Tons of E-Waste Were Generated in 2012
This chart shows how much eclectronic waste was generated in selected countries in 2012.
- Revenue of the European soccer market from 2006/07 to 2012/13 (in million euros)
Revenue of the European soccer market 2012/13
- Revenue of the biggest (Big Five*) European soccer leagues from 1996/97 to 2012/13 (in million euros)
Revenue of the "Big Five" European soccer leagues 2012/13
- Major League Soccer team brand values in 2012 (in million U.S dollars)
Brand value of Major League Soccer (USA and Canada) football teams 2012
- U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012
- Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000
- Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter