The Tablet Market Continues to Grow
The global tablet market continues to grow. According to market research group IDC, Apple, Samsung and co. shipped 27.8 million tablets in the past quarter, almost reaching the record of 28.2 million from last year’s holiday quarter.
With the iPad Mini, the first Windows 8 tablets and the popular $199 tablets from Google and Amazon all lined up for holiday season, the fourth quarter is likely going to be a blowout quarter for tablet vendors.
- TabletsThe iPad Still Dominates Tablet Usage
This chart shows the Top 8 tablet brands in North America, based on their share of tablet-based web usage in April 2014.
- TabletsHow Different Tablet Users Spend Their Time
This chart shows the percentage of tablet owners in the U.S. who frequently use their devices for the following.
- App StoresiPad Owners Pay More than Twice as Much for Apps as iPhone Users
This chart shows average app prices in 2013.
- iPhoneiPhone to Account for 68% of Apple's Gross Profit This Year
This chart breaks down Apple's estimated gross profit for fiscal year 2014 by product category.
- TabletsAndroid Blows Past iOS in Global Tablet Market
This chart shows worldwide tablet sales in 2012 and 2013, broken down by operating system.
- Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2014 (in million units)
Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2014, by quarter
- Global tablet shipments from 2010 to 2014, by operating system (in million units)
Global tablet shipments by operating system per quarter 2010-2014
- Global market share held by tablet operating systems from 2010 to 2014, by quarter
Global market share held by tablet operating systems 2010-2014, by quarter
- IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014
- World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2012-2017World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2012-2017
- Contribution to pharmaceutical market growth by region 2012-2017Contribution to pharmaceutical market growth by region 2012-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter