The Tablet Market Continues to Grow
The global tablet market continues to grow. According to market research group IDC, Apple, Samsung and co. shipped 27.8 million tablets in the past quarter, almost reaching the record of 28.2 million from last year’s holiday quarter.
With the iPad Mini, the first Windows 8 tablets and the popular $199 tablets from Google and Amazon all lined up for holiday season, the fourth quarter is likely going to be a blowout quarter for tablet vendors.
- Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in million units)
Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2015, by quarter
- Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd fiscal quarter of 2010 to 2nd fiscal quarter of 2015 (in million units)*
Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2015, by quarter
- Projected unit shipments of tablets worldwide from 2010 to 2019 (in million units)
Global tablet shipments forecast 2010-2019
- Medicinal market growth worldwide including rebates 2009-2018Medicinal market growth worldwide including rebates 2009-2018
- World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2013-2018World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2013-2018
- Contribution to pharmaceutical market growth by region 2013-2018Contribution to pharmaceutical market growth by region 2013-2018
- Forecast: revenue tour operators US 2008-2020Forecast: revenue tour operators US 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue travel agencies US 2008-2020Forecast: revenue travel agencies US 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue radio networks US 2008-2020Forecast: revenue radio networks US 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue kitchen furniture manufacture Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue kitchen furniture manufacture Germany 2008-2020
- Forecast: operating revenue travel agencies Canada 2008-2020Forecast: operating revenue travel agencies Canada 2008-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens