This chart shows reasons why shoppers use a computer as opposed to a mobile device.
This chart shows which applications account for the most mobile data traffic in North America
This chart shows the proportion of time users of social networks spent on mobile devices and desktop PCs.
This chart illustrates how universal the reach of companies such as Google, Facebook or Yahoo is in the mobile web.
This chart shows an estimate of how mobile data traffic is going to take off within the next five years.
Mobile phone users from the Asia-Pacific region consume the most data. Driven by entertainment applications such as YouTube, Youku and PPStream, the average mobile phone user in the region uses 1.1 GB of data per month.
This Chart shows the global share of Apple and Samsung mobile webpage views via smartphone.
This chart shows mobile ad spend per mobile subscription in 2011 and 2012, broken down by region.
This chart shows the percentage of web traffic coming from mobile devices in 2010 and 2013.
This chart breaks down mobile ad impressions and mobile ad revenue by device type/mobile platform.
This infographic illustrates how American moms use mobile devices.
This chart shows the results of a survey among American consumers regarding their mobile shopping behaviour.
This chart shows which improvements are the most wanted by mobile device users across five countries.
This chart breaks down the time spent with digital media in selected content categories in the U.S. in May 2014, by platform.
This chart shows the percentage of Americans whose activities increased a lot due to mobile technology.
This chart shows mobile monthly active users of services owned by Facebook.
This chart shows global mobile advertising revenues from 2012 to 2014.
Mobile internet access continues to become more and more common across the globe. Ericsson predicts that the number of mobile internet subscriptions via smartphone, tablet or any other device with a cellular connection will grow from 2.2 billion this year to 6.4 billion by 2019.
More than 4.3 billion people in the world will use a mobile phone this year. Even more impressively, by 2017, eMarketer predicts the number of mobile phone users to surpass 5 billion worldwide.
This chart shows global automobile imports and exports in 2011 (in billion US dollars).
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter