This chart shows how people plan to use their smartphones to follow the world cup.
This chart breaks down smartphone sales growth in 2012 by screen size and price.
This chart illustrates the difference in average selling prices of iOS and Android smartphones.
This chart shows how Americans' use of screen media has changed between the first quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014.
This chart shows the percentage of people in selected countries stating that they are "constantly looking at screens these days".
This chart shows global market share of the world's leading smartphone vendors in Q2 2014.
This chart shows a breakdown of global smartphone shipments in the first quarter of 2014 by screen size.
This chart shows a forecast of 2014 smartphone market share.
This chart shows how many smartphones the world's largest smartphone vendors shipped in 2012 and 2013.
This chart shows the percentage of U.S. smartphone users with some sort of alert in these categories.
The global smartphone market continues to grow. One of the biggest drivers behind future growth will be the continous decline of the average selling price of smartphones, as it makes them affordable to more people.
This chart shows the current trade-in value of popular Smartphones in the United States. According to trade-in service Gazelle, a used 16GB iPhone 5 in good condition has a resale value of $315.
55 percent of Android smartphones sold in the United States in Q2 2013 were equipped with screens larger than 4.5 inches in diagonal.
This chart shows global smartphone operating system market share, based on unit sales to end users in the second quarter of 2013.
This chart shows the number of smartphones shipped by the Top 5 smartphone vendors in the second quarter of 2013.
This chart shows the number of smartphones shipped by the Top 5 vendors in the first quarter of 2013.
This chart illustrates how Facebook users in the United States are shifting their use of the service from PCs to smartphones, while overall engagement rises.
This chart shows the percentage of monthly pageviews coming from mobile devices. In February 2013, tablets have surpassed smartphones for the first time in terms of worldwide page views.
This chart provides a breakdown of global mobile phone shipments from 2012 through 2017, by device type.
This chart shows a shipment forecast for smartphones with 4.6 to 6.5-inch screens.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter