Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Major League Baseball: franchise value by team in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
|Franchise value in million U.S. dollars|
|New York Yankees||2,500|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||2,000|
|Boston Red Sox||1,500|
|San Francisco Giants||1,000|
|St. Louis Cardinals||820|
|New York Mets||800|
|Los Ageles Angels||775|
|Chicago White Sox||695|
|San Diego Padres||615|
|Toronto Blue Jays||610|
|Kansas City Royals||490|
|Tampa Bay Rays||485|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph depicts the franchise value of all Major League Baseball teams in 2014. The Houston Astros franchise was valued at 530 million U.S. dollars in 2014.
Major League Baseball franchise value
The North American professional baseball league Major League Baseball (MLB) consists of 30 teams that are grouped into two leagues, the National League and the American League. The overall revenue of the league was at 7.1 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, an average of 237 million U.S. dollars per team. League-wide revenue has almost doubled over the past ten years leading to an increase in the valuation of MLB franchises.
In 2004, franchises in Major League Baseball had an estimated value of 295 million U.S. dollars on average according to Forbes. In its 2014 edition of MLB team valuations, Forbes estimates the average franchise value at 811 million U.S. dollars, more than 2.5 times as high as in 2004. The Tampa Bay Rays were the least valuable franchise with a value of 485 million U.S. dollars. The New York Yankees, on the other hand, were the most valuable franchise with a value of 2.5 billion U.S. dollars in 2014.
Compared to the other major sports leagues in North America (NFL, NBA and NHL), Major League Baseball teams are worth the second-most on average. Teams of the National Football League are the most valuable with an average franchise value of about 1.17 billion U.S. dollars. NBA franchises are worth 509 million U.S. dollars on average while teams of the National Hockey League are ascribed an average value of 282 million U.S. dollars.
- Average franchise value in major U.S. sports leagues 2014Average franchise value in major U.S. sports leagues 2014
- Average team valuation in Major League Baseball 2014Average team valuation in Major League Baseball 2014
- Average franchise value of National Basketball Association teams 2014Average franchise value of National Basketball Association teams 2014
- Major League Baseball - average payroll of (playoff) teams 2012Major League Baseball - average payroll of (playoff) teams 2012
- Gate receipts of Major League Baseball (MLB) 2009-2013Gate receipts of Major League Baseball (MLB) 2009-2013
- World ranking of men's national soccer teams 2014World ranking of men's national soccer teams 2014
- Dallas Cowboys number of Facebook fans/twitter followers 2012-2014Dallas Cowboys number of Facebook fans/twitter followers 2012-2014
- Pittsburgh Steelers number of Facebook fans/twitter followers 2012-2014Pittsburgh Steelers number of Facebook fans/twitter followers 2012-2014
- Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013
- Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013
- Number of fitness and health clubs worldwide 2009-2013Number of fitness and health clubs worldwide 2009-2013