U.S. restaurant industry food and drinks sales by venue category from 2009 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Bars and taverns||Retail, vending, recreation, mobile||Noncommercial & military restaurant services||Managed services||Lodging place restaurants||Eating places|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The statistic depicts the U.S. restaurant industry food and drinks sales by venue category from 2009 to 2014. The restaurant sales in lodging places, which include hotel restaurants and other accommodation restaurants, were at about 30 billion U.S. dollars in 2011.
According to the source
Eating places include fullservice restaurants, limited-service (qickservice) restaurants, cafeterias, grill-buffets and buffets, snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars and social caterers.
Retail, vending, recreation, mobile includes retail-host restaurants, recreation and sports, mobile caterers and vending and nonstore retailers.
Noncommercial restaurant services are business educational, governmental or institutional organizations that operate their own restaurant services in venues such as employee restaurant services, public and parochial elementary, secondary schools, colleges and universities, transportation, hospitals, nursing homes, homes for the aged, blind, orphans, and the mentally and physically disabled, clubs, sporting and recreational camps and community centers.
Military restaurant services are officers' and NCO clubs and military exchanges (continental United States only).
Managed services are onsite food-service and food contractors in manufacturing and industrial plants, commercial and office buildings, hospitals and nursing homes, colleges and universities, primary and secondary schools, in-transit restaurant services (airlines) and recreaction and sports centers.
- Hotel/restaurant sector: female employees by region 2010Hotel/restaurant sector: female employees by region 2010
- Hotel / restaurant industry: percentage of female employees by region 2010Hotel / restaurant industry: percentage of female employees by region 2010
- Marketing strategies by hotels during the economic crisisMarketing strategies by hotels during the economic crisis
- Reduction of staffing costs in hotels by sectionReduction of staffing costs in hotels by section
- Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009
- Outback Steakhouse: ad spend in the U.S. 2012-2013Outback Steakhouse: ad spend in the U.S. 2012-2013
- Non-residential catering sector productivity in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2012Non-residential catering sector productivity in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2012
- Restaurant-related digital activities of consumers in the U.S. as of October 2013Restaurant-related digital activities of consumers in the U.S. as of October 2013
- Visits to the United Kingdom (UK) from Europe in 2012, by airportVisits to the United Kingdom (UK) from Europe in 2012, by airport
- Number of hotels in the largest hotel groupsNumber of hotels in the largest hotel groups
- Hotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR