Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd quarter 2010 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Fiscal quarters||Sales in million units|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This graph shows global sales figures for Apple's iPad from the third quarter of 2010 to the company's most recent financial quarter. 4.69 million iPads were sold from January to March 2011 (Q2 2011). The iPad was unveiled in January 2010 by then-CEO Steve Jobs and became available to the public three months later. In contrast to earlier tablet PCs, the iPad was marketed as a consumer device that would fill the gap between smartphones and laptop computers. The iPad is closely related to Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch, as it uses the same operating system and multi-touch user interface.
Global iPad sales - additional information
The first Apple iPad was released in April 2010 and there have since been six versions, with the latest two models announced in October 2014. As of June 2014, over 200 million iPads have been sold since it was first released. Following the release of the iPad Air model in November 2013, sales of the device peaked at over 26 million units in the first quarter of 2014, over triple the amount of sales than at the beginning of 2011. These record sales figures generated revenue of over 11 billion U.S. dollars for Apple in the first quarter of 2014, and revenue of over 30 billion for the whole of the 2014 fiscal year.
At the beginning of 2012, the iPad dominated the tablet market as it controlled almost 60 percent of total global tablet shipments. However the company has seen its share decrease to under 27 percent in the second quarter of 2014 thanks to increasing competition from Samsung and Lenovo. However Apple still remained the market leader as Samsung held a share of 17.2 percent of shipments and Lenovo had just under 5 percent. Sales of Samsung tablets peaked in the final quarter of 2013, which saw 14.5 million units shipped worldwide. The figure then dropped in 2014 to 8.5 million in the second quarter.
- Apple iPad - U.S. sales Q2 2010-Q2 2012+Apple iPad - U.S. sales Q2 2010-Q2 2012
Apple iPad sales in the United States from 2nd quarter 2010 to 2nd quarter 2012 (in 1,000 units)
- Share of smartphones in the total sales volume of cell phones in China 2013+Share of smartphones in the total sales volume of cell phones in China 2013
Share of smartphones in total cell phone sales in China from the 1st quarter of 2010 to the 2nd quarter of 2013
- Apple iPhone sales in fiscal years 2007-2014Apple iPhone sales in fiscal years 2007-2014
Global Apple iPhone sales in the fiscal years 2007 to 2014 (in million units)
- Apple product sales comparison 2009-2014, by quarterApple product sales comparison 2009-2014, by quarter
iPhone, iPad and iPod sales from 1st quarter 2006 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
- iPad: number of available native apps as of January 2014+iPad: number of available native apps as of January 2014
Number of available native iPad apps in the Apple App Store from April 2010 to January 2014
- Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014
- PC monitor unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2012-2014PC monitor unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2012-2014
- Global smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarterGlobal smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarter
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment
- Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020