Google Chrome is Winning the Browser Wars
Comparing the worldwide usage of internet browsers, Google’s Chrome clearly emerges as the winner of the international browser wars. Before Chrome was released in 2008, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer was still leading the game with a market share of 68%, which has dropped to 25% in July 2013.
Chrome is doing especially well in South America, almost squeezing Apple’s Safari out of the market.
Mozilla Firefox is the only open-source browser competing on an international level, its worldwide market share of usage adding up to a remarkeble 20%. In Africa and Europe, Firefox even beats the Internet Explorer.
- iPhoneDo New iPhone Models Make People Think Their Old Ones Are Slow?
This chart illustrates how Google searches for the keyword combination “iPhone slow” tend to peak right after Apple announces a new model of its popular smartphone.
- Smartphone market in ChinaApple Fails to Gain Traction in China's Smartphone Market
This chart breaks down smartphone sales in four major markets between March and May 2014, by operating system.
- AndroidAndroid Wear Smartwatches Work With Less Than 25% of Android Devices
This chart shows active devices running Android by version and smartwatch compatibility.
- AndroidAndroid Dominates UK Smartphone Sales
This chart shows the smartphone sales share in the UK by operating system.
- MicrosoftEnd Of Support Changes Little About Windows XP's Popularity
This chart shows the market share of the most popular desktop operating systems as of May 2014.
- Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide as of May 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide in 2014
- Number of internet users in selected countries as of February 2014 (in millions)
Number of internet users worldwide in February 2014, by country
- Number of worldwide internet users from 2000 to 2014 (in millions)
Global number of worldwide internet users 2000-2014
- Supermarket brands of fizzy drinks in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013,by number of usersSupermarket brands of fizzy drinks in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013,by number of users
- Number of hotels in the largest hotel groupsNumber of hotels in the largest hotel groups
- The highest hotels in the worldThe highest hotels in the world
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter