Global App Downloads to Pass 100 Billion This Year
Mobile app stores are expected to see strong growth this year as global app downloads are expected to top 100 billion for the first time. Unpaid apps still account for the lion's share of app downloads, with paid apps accounting for only 9 percent of the global total.
- AppleApple's Growth Has All But Vanished
This chart illustrates how Apple’s growth has all but disappeared in the past few quarters.
- Mobile App MonetizationFreemium is the No.1 Pricing Strategy in Most App Categories
This chart breaks down the revenue of each of the App Store's 10 primary categories, between freemium apps with in-app purchases, paid apps and paid apps with in-app purchases.
- App StoresApple's App Store: A Success That Almost Wasn't
This chart illustrates the success of Apple's App Store. In June 2012, Apple announced that 30 billion apps had been downloaded from its popular App Store.
- AndroidTwo Thirds of Android Users Don't Pay for Apps
This chart shows the amount of money spend on apps by Android and iOS users.
- FacebookAnalysts Cut Revenue Forecast for Facebook
This chart shows Facebook's revenue from 2009 through 2013. The values for 2012 and 2013 represents eMarketer estimates.
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014, by share of available apps
Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from June 2008 to June 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Number of free and paid mobile app store downloads worldwide from 2011 to 2017 (in billions)
Mobile app stores: number of free and paid downloads 2011-2017
- Worldwide mobile app revenues 2011-2017Worldwide mobile app revenues 2011-2017
- Global paid-for mobile app revenues 2011-2017Global paid-for mobile app revenues 2011-2017
- Share of paid-for app revenues worldwide 2011-2017Share of paid-for app revenues worldwide 2011-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter