Twitter's Top 5 Markets Account for 50% of Active Users
The United States is trailed by Japan and Indonesia, which account for 9.3 and 6.5 percent of Twitter's active users, respectively. The largest European Twitter population can be found in the United Kingdom, where 5.6 percent of Twitter's active users are located. Saudi Arabia, the country with the highest penetration of active Twitter users, ranks 7th with a share of 4.1 percent of global users.
Please note that PeerReeach uses monthly active TWEETING users rather than Twitter's monthly active users as a metric. About 40% of the monthly active users Twitter reports actually don’t tweet, but only login to the platform.
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of March 2015 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
- Number of data removal requests to Twitter from January 2012 to June 2014
Twitter: total number of data removal requests as of 2H 2014
- Number of monthly active Twitter users in the United States from 1st quarter 2010 to 4th quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active U.S. Twitter users as of 4th quarter 2014
- Number of U.S. Twitter users 2015, by ageNumber of U.S. Twitter users 2015, by age
- Average daily social media usage in Asia Pacific 2014Average daily social media usage in Asia Pacific 2014
- Brand trust: employee opinion on CEO social media usage 2014Brand trust: employee opinion on CEO social media usage 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens