Twitter's Top 5 Markets Account for 50% of Active Users
The United States is trailed by Japan and Indonesia, which account for 9.3 and 6.5 percent of Twitter's active users, respectively. The largest European Twitter population can be found in the United Kingdom, where 5.6 percent of Twitter's active users are located. Saudi Arabia, the country with the highest penetration of active Twitter users, ranks 7th with a share of 4.1 percent of global users.
Please note that PeerReeach uses monthly active TWEETING users rather than Twitter's monthly active users as a metric. About 40% of the monthly active users Twitter reports actually don’t tweet, but only login to the platform.
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of September 2015 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
Number of data removal requests issued to Twitter from January 2012 to June 2015
Twitter: total number of data removal requests as of 2H 2015
Number of monthly active Twitter users in the United States from 1st quarter 2010 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active U.S. users 2010-2015
- Twitter: number of monthly active international users 2010-2015Twitter: number of monthly active international users 2010-2015
- Twitter: number of monthly active U.S. users 2010-2015Twitter: number of monthly active U.S. users 2010-2015
- World Cup 2014: most-tweeted football matchesWorld Cup 2014: most-tweeted football matches
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens