Mobile Accounts for More Than Half of Facebook's Revenue
In the first quarter of 2014, mobile ads generated $1.3 billion in revenue, accounting for 59 percent of Facebook's ad revenue and 53 percent of the company's total revenue. Even more impressively, mobile ads accounted for more than 90 percent of the company's revenue growth compared to last year's first quarter. So apparently Facebook's mobile ad business has evolved to become the company's primary growth driver. Growing a multi-billion dollar ad business out of thin air in less than two years is a pretty impressive achievement, one that Facebook's shareholders will surely appreciate.
- FacebookFacebook's Revenue Soars On Mobile Ad Boom
This chart shows Facebook's revenue growth since the first quarter of 2012.
- FacebookInteractions Boost The Effect Of Paying For Facebook Reach
This chart illustrates how interactions with branded content on Facebook correlate with reach.
- FacebookTop Brands See Facebook Engagement Plummeting
This chart shows the average number of interactions per Facebook post for the most engaging global brands on the social network.
- Mobile MarketingGoogle and Facebook Dominate Booming Mobile Ad Market
This chart shows global mobile advertising revenues from 2012 to 2014.
- TwitterMarketers Have Yet To Embrace Twitter Advertising
This chart shows the results of a Socialbakers survey among 500+ marketers regarding their company’s adoption of social networks as advertising platforms.
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- Global mobile advertising revenue 2012-2013Global mobile advertising revenue 2012-2013
- Mobile advertising conversions in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016Mobile advertising conversions in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016
- Mobile advertising reach in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016Mobile advertising reach in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter