Mobile Accounts for More Than Half of Facebook's Revenue
In the first quarter of 2014, mobile ads generated $1.3 billion in revenue, accounting for 59 percent of Facebook's ad revenue and 53 percent of the company's total revenue. Even more impressively, mobile ads accounted for more than 90 percent of the company's revenue growth compared to last year's first quarter. So apparently Facebook's mobile ad business has evolved to become the company's primary growth driver. Growing a multi-billion dollar ad business out of thin air in less than two years is a pretty impressive achievement, one that Facebook's shareholders will surely appreciate.
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- Global mobile advertising revenue 2012-2013Global mobile advertising revenue 2012-2013
- Distribution of Facebook advertising worldwide 2013-2014, by platformDistribution of Facebook advertising worldwide 2013-2014, by platform
- Mobile advertising conversions in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016Mobile advertising conversions in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens