Mobile Accounts for More Than Half of Facebook's Revenue
In the first quarter of 2014, mobile ads generated $1.3 billion in revenue, accounting for 59 percent of Facebook's ad revenue and 53 percent of the company's total revenue. Even more impressively, mobile ads accounted for more than 90 percent of the company's revenue growth compared to last year's first quarter. So apparently Facebook's mobile ad business has evolved to become the company's primary growth driver. Growing a multi-billion dollar ad business out of thin air in less than two years is a pretty impressive achievement, one that Facebook's shareholders will surely appreciate.
Most popular Facebook games in August 2015, based on number of daily active users (in millions)
Facebook: most popular game DAU 2015
Most popular Facebook apps in August 2015, by monthly active users (in millions)
Monthly active users of the most popular Facebook apps 2015
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2015 (in millions)
Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens