Mobile Accounts for More Than Half of Facebook's Revenue
In the first quarter of 2014, mobile ads generated $1.3 billion in revenue, accounting for 59 percent of Facebook's ad revenue and 53 percent of the company's total revenue. Even more impressively, mobile ads accounted for more than 90 percent of the company's revenue growth compared to last year's first quarter. So apparently Facebook's mobile ad business has evolved to become the company's primary growth driver. Growing a multi-billion dollar ad business out of thin air in less than two years is a pretty impressive achievement, one that Facebook's shareholders will surely appreciate.
- Facebook: global mobile advertising revenue 2013-2021Facebook: global mobile advertising revenue 2013-2021
- Distribution of Facebook advertising worldwide 2013-2014, by platformDistribution of Facebook advertising worldwide 2013-2014, by platform
- Mobile advertising revenue worldwide 2015-2018Mobile advertising revenue worldwide 2015-2018
- Digital advertising spending worldwide 2015-2020Digital advertising spending worldwide 2015-2020
- Mobile ad spend worldwide 2015-2020Mobile ad spend worldwide 2015-2020
- Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016
- Time spent with media vs. ad spending in the U.S. 2014Time spent with media vs. ad spending in the U.S. 2014
- Global ad spend 2015-2016, by mediumGlobal ad spend 2015-2016, by medium
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl