The Good Old Radio Trumps Online Services for Music Discovery
When it comes to discovering new music nothing beats the good old radio. That's according to the results of an Edison Research survey which finds that 35% of Americans, who try to keep up with the latest music, consider FM/AM radio their number one source to keep up with the latest trends.
Personal recommendations are also popular when it comes to music, with 21% of the respondents mostly relying on their social circle to stay up-to-date. Among the plethora of online music services, surprisingly, YouTube is the most important one for music discovery, 9% of the respondents find new tunes on Google's video portal.
- Leading radio formats in the United States in February 2013, by number of stations
Leading radio formats in the U.S. in 2013, by number of stations
- Weekly radio reach in the United States in 2012, by platform
Weekly radio reach in the U.S. in 2012, by platform
- Activities performed while listening to the radio in the United States in 2012
Activities performed while listening to the radio in the U.S. in 2012
- Hotel guest preference of pampering giftsHotel guest preference of pampering gifts
- AM/FM vs. online radio ads - U.S. consumer comparison 2014AM/FM vs. online radio ads - U.S. consumer comparison 2014
- Time spent with AM/FM radio among U.S. Pandora listeners & non-Pandora listenersTime spent with AM/FM radio among U.S. Pandora listeners & non-Pandora listeners
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter