The Good Old Radio Trumps Online Services for Music Discovery
When it comes to discovering new music nothing beats the good old radio. That's according to the results of an Edison Research survey which finds that 35% of Americans, who try to keep up with the latest music, consider FM/AM radio their number one source to keep up with the latest trends.
Personal recommendations are also popular when it comes to music, with 21% of the respondents mostly relying on their social circle to stay up-to-date. Among the plethora of online music services, surprisingly, YouTube is the most important one for music discovery, 9% of the respondents find new tunes on Google's video portal.
- Survey on preparation for the deactivation of FM radio in Norway 2016Survey on preparation for the deactivation of FM radio in Norway 2016
- Estimated number of FM radio devices in Norway 2017, by locationEstimated number of FM radio devices in Norway 2017, by location
- AM/FM radio share of listening time in the United Kingdom (UK) Q1 2011-Q1 2016AM/FM radio share of listening time in the United Kingdom (UK) Q1 2011-Q1 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016
- Market share of the largest music publishers worldwide from 2007 to 2016Market share of the largest music publishers worldwide from 2007 to 2016
- Streaming music subscribers worldwide 2010-2020Streaming music subscribers worldwide 2010-2020
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl