The Good Old Radio Trumps Online Services for Music Discovery
When it comes to discovering new music nothing beats the good old radio. That's according to the results of an Edison Research survey which finds that 35% of Americans, who try to keep up with the latest music, consider FM/AM radio their number one source to keep up with the latest trends.
Personal recommendations are also popular when it comes to music, with 21% of the respondents mostly relying on their social circle to stay up-to-date. Among the plethora of online music services, surprisingly, YouTube is the most important one for music discovery, 9% of the respondents find new tunes on Google's video portal.
- AM/FM radio share of listening time in the United Kingdom (UK) Q1 2011-Q1 2016AM/FM radio share of listening time in the United Kingdom (UK) Q1 2011-Q1 2016
- Sources used for keeping up-to-date with music U.S. 2016Sources used for keeping up-to-date with music U.S. 2016
- Share of time spent listening to music from selected sources in the U.S. 2014Share of time spent listening to music from selected sources in the U.S. 2014
- Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Music industry revenue in Denmark from 2011-2020Music industry revenue in Denmark from 2011-2020
- Digital Market Outlook: digital music revenue in European countries 2016Digital Market Outlook: digital music revenue in European countries 2016
- Most popular music genres in Germany 2016Most popular music genres in Germany 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl