The Good Old Radio Trumps Online Services for Music Discovery
When it comes to discovering new music nothing beats the good old radio. That's according to the results of an Edison Research survey which finds that 35% of Americans, who try to keep up with the latest music, consider FM/AM radio their number one source to keep up with the latest trends.
Personal recommendations are also popular when it comes to music, with 21% of the respondents mostly relying on their social circle to stay up-to-date. Among the plethora of online music services, surprisingly, YouTube is the most important one for music discovery, 9% of the respondents find new tunes on Google's video portal.
- FM radio consumption on mobile phones in selected countries worldwide 2015FM radio consumption on mobile phones in selected countries worldwide 2015
- AM/FM radio share of listening time in the United Kingdom (UK) Q1 2011-Q4 2015AM/FM radio share of listening time in the United Kingdom (UK) Q1 2011-Q4 2015
- Private FM radio revenue Canada 2009-2014, by language groupPrivate FM radio revenue Canada 2009-2014, by language group
- Digital share of global media revenue 2015, by mediumDigital share of global media revenue 2015, by medium
- Global revenue of the music industry 2002-2015Global revenue of the music industry 2002-2015
- Recorded music market revenue worldwide 2005-2015Recorded music market revenue worldwide 2005-2015
- Retail value of music shipments in the U.S. from 1999 to 2015Retail value of music shipments in the U.S. from 1999 to 2015
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens