Photos Make Up 75% of Brand Facebook Posts
75 percent of content posted by brands on Facebook are photos. This is the result of an analysis by Social Bakers based on approximately 1.3 million posts from over 30,000 Facebook brand pages. Only ten percent of posts are links and six percent are status messages. Video marketing plays only a very minor role with four percent.
- Television IndustryHow TV Watching Has Evolved Over The Past 8 Years
Based on the example of Showtime TV series Dexter and Homeland, this chart nicely illustrates how TV watching habits have evolved over the past few years.
- FacebookFacebook Drives 20x As Much Traffic As Twitter Does
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
- Mobile App UsageMobile Is Taking Over Digital Media Usage
This chart breaks down the time spent with digital media in selected content categories in the U.S. in May 2014, by platform.
- WomenTech World Remains Male-Dominated
This chart shows a gender breakdown of selected tech companies' global workforce.
- FacebookInteractions Boost The Effect Of Paying For Facebook Reach
This chart illustrates how interactions with branded content on Facebook correlate with reach.
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- New content generated by users per minute in 2012, by platformNew content generated by users per minute in 2012, by platform
- Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014
- Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter