The Countries Hardest Hit By Russia's Trade Ban
Russia banned imports of U.S. and European agricultural goods last week, a move that illustrated how far ties between Moscow and the West have deteriorated since the onset of the crisis in Ukraine. The sanctions are bad news for European farmers at a time of slow economic growth and falling food prices in the EU. Poland exports over $1.1 billion of agricultural products to Russia every year and its fruit sector, apples in particular, is set to be hard hit.
The Norwegian seafood industry is also searching for new export markets, especially for salmon. Norway exported over a billion dollars worth of fish to Russia in 2013. The situation is also starting to have serious repercussions in Russia itself. Food prices in Russia were already high before the ban and now they're expected to increase even further while shortages could also arise - imported ingredients account for about 50 percent of Russia's restaurant market alone.
- Global population by continent as of mid-2014 (in millions)
Global population by continent 2014
- Global youth unemployment rate from 2008 to 2012 with a forecast up to 2018
Global youth unemployment rate until 2018
- Level of support for economic sanctions on Russia in the UK February 2015Level of support for economic sanctions on Russia in the UK February 2015
- UK opinion on potential arms delivery to Ukraine by Britain and NATO allies in 2015UK opinion on potential arms delivery to Ukraine by Britain and NATO allies in 2015
- Global support for tougher economic sanctions against Iran, 2012Global support for tougher economic sanctions against Iran, 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens