Honda Owners Are Most At Risk From Car Theft
The adoption of new security technologies like engine immobilizers and computer chip coded keys have put a significant dent in car theft. New vehicles are far less likely to be targeted because hot-wiring has become extremely difficult and thieves have focused their attention on top-selling older models.
Various models of the Honda Accord have the undesirable reputation as America's most stolen car for 2013. Across the country, nearly 54,000 of them were stolen throughout the year. Another Honda model, the Civic, comes second with 45,000 thefts. The Chevrolet Silverado came third with 27,800 thefts in 2013. As depressing as these figures may seem, it isn't all doom and gloom for American car owners, especially American Honda owners. According to the FBI, car theft is firmly on the downward spiral. In fact, this year may represent a 50 percent fall in car theft from its peak in 1991.
- Incoming complaints about internet crime on the IC3 website from 2000 to 2014 (in 1,000)
Number of complaints about internet crime 2000-2014
- Total violent crime reported in the United States from 1990 to 2013
U.S.: number of reported violent crime 1990 to 2013
- Reported violent crime rate in the United States from 1990 to 2013
Reported violent crime rate in the U.S. 1990-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens